Old 05-04-2015, 01:09 PM   #1

water tank propane

Hi. I have a 37' Georgetown Forrest River, 2010, new to me this Spring. The hot water tank is lighting up no problem like it should, and working... but outside in the area where the hot water tank gas fittings and such are located it's making what I think are odd noises, kind of like a popping crackle type noise. I don't smell any propane leaking. Is this normal? Is there something I should be checking or doing?
Thanks for any information on this. We are just trying to figure out all the different systems.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #2

Check and see if your hot water tank is full of water before you let it run any length of time.

Sent from outer space! 🇺🇸😄😄🇺🇸

Old 05-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #3

Maybe the electric element sizzling in the water? Not sure about popping.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 05-04-2015, 08:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Two View Post
Check and see if your hot water tank is full of water before you let it run any length of time.

That is a very good idea, the water is running from the hot water taps. This may sound bad of me.... but I can't find where the actual hot water tank is, I suppose I have to crawl under the unit for that. I read somewhere that a popping sound will be made by a hot propane element shutting off. It does kind of sound like it's starting running a bit and going off, then immediately restarting itself because of the auto start. I have turned it off for now until I can get it figured out or checked by a propane tech.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:33 PM   #5

Were you getting hot water? Maybe the tank is still in bypass from winterizing last fall. The tank is directly behind the heater element. This is identified by the door out side the RV. On my 2007 it was a 6 gallon tank and heated up very quickly. The bypass was under the kitchen sink.
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2015, 09:53 PM   #6

Csigirl. : There is a separate forum for MH's on this forum. Go to it then go to Georgetown and ask them about this problem. I am sure you will get a response from them. Good luck.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
Were you getting hot water? Maybe the tank is still in bypass from winterizing last fall. The tank is directly behind the heater element. This is identified by the door out side the RV. On my 2007 it was a 6 gallon tank and heated up very quickly. The bypass was under the kitchen sink.

I filled the cold water tank. I will check if it's on bypass tomorrow. It was winterized by the dealer we bought it from

And the water was getting hot
Thank you
Old 05-04-2015, 10:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Two View Post
Csigirl. : There is a separate forum for MH's on this forum. Go to it then go to Georgetown and ask them about this problem. I am sure you will get a response from them. Good luck.

OK thanks

Tags
propane, tank, water, water tank