Old 06-18-2016, 03:47 PM   #1

what is this noise?

Any propane tank I hook up to the right hand side of my pigtail makes the noise in the video when using propane. Def not the tank because neither tank makes that noise if JUST the tank on the left is open. Any help is super appreciated.

Old 06-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #2

Do you smell any propane? Then keep that side shut off.

Most like a vibration with the regulator diaphram

This might help. :

My Propane Tanks Sing......

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:29 PM   #3

No propane smell. Just an annoying noise. I'll take a look at the link and see if this is something I can easily fix after my next trip. If not I'm just gonna always run propane from the one side and switch tanks. Kind of a pain but i don't use a ton of propane.
Old 08-09-2016, 06:05 PM   #4

This could be the diaphragm vibrating but I would think it would do this no matter which tank you were using. IF you are having this noise from the regulator while using a particular side of the tanks and you have tried different tanks on that side and still have the noise then I would change out the pigtail. Those pigtails are actually a hose within a hose, the inner hose is designed to carry the LP gas without the gas bothering the rubber compound but this hose will not take much pressure. The outer hose is designed to take the pressure and protects the inner hose. Those inner hoses will at times actually close up and will allow only a bit of gas to pass through. Your hose may be trying to close up and by backing up the gas pressure the gas forces itself through the hose.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
This could be the diaphragm vibrating but I would think it would do this no matter which tank you were using. IF you are having this noise from the regulator while using a particular side of the tanks and you have tried different tanks on that side and still have the noise then I would change out the pigtail. Those pigtails are actually a hose within a hose, the inner hose is designed to carry the LP gas without the gas bothering the rubber compound but this hose will not take much pressure. The outer hose is designed to take the pressure and protects the inner hose. Those inner hoses will at times actually close up and will allow only a bit of gas to pass through. Your hose may be trying to close up and by backing up the gas pressure the gas forces itself through the hose.

Wow, thanks for the detailed response. I had no idea how they functioned. I'll switch it out.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #6

Noise

My left propane tank started making noise about 2 weeks into purchase of camper which was told both tanks were full at purchase . Was only using cookstove when nosie from left tank started tank did feel lite so I assummed is was low and shocked only lasted for that short amount of time upon switching over to right tank had no noise no problems tank lasted way longer than left one . Left tank was filled and just switched over to it after right tank was empty and still getting noise from it what is causing this and tank emptying so fast.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaryAnn View Post
My left propane tank started making noise about 2 weeks into purchase of camper which was told both tanks were full at purchase . Was only using cookstove when nosie from left tank started tank did feel lite so I assummed is was low and shocked only lasted for that short amount of time upon switching over to right tank had no noise no problems tank lasted way longer than left one . Left tank was filled and just switched over to it after right tank was empty and still getting noise from it what is causing this and tank emptying so fast.
shut the left tank off right now.....
move that full tank over to the right side and use it from there....

You may have a problem with
1) the tank its' self.
2) hose connections allowing a lead.
3) the regulator its' self.
(I had a bad regulator and bought a new one for around 60.00)

should be a warranty issue if bought new.
you should be able to locate the problem on your own

be aware that you are leaking propane and it could be a fire/explosion hazard.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
noise