Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM   #41
RV Newbie

I keep seeing replies here talking about the evidence of mice while the tt is being stored. I gotta ask, doesn't it concern you that the mice can get into your home while it is being used? I couldn't sleep well knowing they were finding their way in. If I still had small kids, I couldn't do that to them.

Seems like the only way to keep them out 100% of the time is to find those openings and stop the mice before they get in.
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)
Old 11-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I keep seeing replies here talking about the evidence of mice while the tt is being stored. I gotta ask, doesn't it concern you that the mice can get into your home while it is being used? I couldn't sleep well knowing they were finding their way in. If I still had small kids, I couldn't do that to them.

Seems like the only way to keep them out 100% of the time is to find those openings and stop the mice before they get in.
Good luck with that!!!! when they can get into the smallest crease, when the bottom of the trailer has an underbody cover you can't see where all the areas are unless you remove the entire covering and I'm sorry on a 30 footer not going to happen. I think anyone who gets them in their camper is concerned, but that is why I asked for help as it was my first time with this happening. I also have children, they are older but that is why I was in the camper every week vacume, washing and disinfecting, until i got rid of the problem, and the MINT Oil works. NO MICE!!!
2001 Lincoln Navigator All Wheel drive
Old 11-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #43
RV Newbie

I know I only have a 21-footer and no covers, but I did find all the opening in a few hours lying on my back. One small step at a time, don't let the size of a job overwhelm you.

Two cans of foam, a few square feet of plastic air filter, four cans of rust reformer paint and I can sleep soundly. No minty smell, no mice.

The biggest entry point is that sidewall outside frig panel. Go out and look up, there are dozens of mouse sized holes that lead to warm air. Every stop you make with that frig going is an open invite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovercab

Good luck with that!!!! when they can get into the smallest crease, when the bottom of the trailer has an underbody cover you can't see where all the areas are unless you remove the entire covering and I'm sorry on a 30 footer not going to happen. I think anyone who gets them in their camper is concerned, but that is why I asked for help as it was my first time with this happening. I also have children, they are older but that is why I was in the camper every week vacume, washing and disinfecting, until i got rid of the problem, and the MINT Oil works. NO MICE!!!
1963 Ford 861 5 speed with loader
1958 Ford 800 Select-O-Speed (parts tractor)