Old 10-11-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

2000 25D Rebuild

SOOOOO, My wife and I just obtained a 2000 flagstaff 25d. We quickly came to find out the ceiling was shot and the walls were just as bad. So basically I gutted the inside and have begun to replace the roof and walls also removing the shower (we don't want it). I found 30ft roll of TPO and 10 gallons of the glue on offerup and talked them down to $150 ( all brand new.). Here is my question. the A.C. unit is heavy and when we replace the wood roof on top of the frame is 1/2 inch sanded plywood wood my best bet for strength or is that too thick and should I add some sort of curve to the roof so the rain is able to run off or should it be ok flat?. Another issue is the walls. What's the best route to take to replace the whole wall? can I remove the fiberglass as one piece or is there a different way I need to do it. Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge of terms. I am kind of overwhelmed at this point but know that we are able to rebuild this thing. I will have pictures of all my steps once progression is made.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:07 AM   #2

Progression

Well we dug in. I'm really just winging it at this point but doesn't seem to hard. roof came off easy. Aluminum frame taken off and cleaned. walls gutted. still need help with any info on best way to replace the walls. Here are just a few photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20921.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	393.6 KB
ID:	154120   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171002_162505_resized.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	154121   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171002_162523_resized.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	154122  

Old 11-08-2017, 08:26 PM   #3

Roof wood finished with extra braces.

I don't have the best pictures but roof was completely redone. I added extra 2x4 braces as it seemed very flimsy. Any idea if this will mess up the final outcome? Also since I haven't put the new rubber on the roof yet, could I use the waterproof tape that home depot sells or should I order etrnabond tape? seems like I could use either since rubber will be on top but any info helps. we are taking the whole side off next week and replacing the wall. I have made braces for one side so we can work on the side inside my workshop and trace out what needs to be cut.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	camper.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	156057  
Old 11-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #4

I don't have any suggestions on the walls. That will be a tough one. 2x4 on the roof should add strength and some weight to the trailer but I don't see any issues. If you can dome the roof I would as mine is. Water will run off better. Home Depot tape should be fine under rubber roof but I would use Eterabond on anything above the roof. Looks like a lot of work but looks good. Best of luck.
Dwilcox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:27 PM   #5

Floor replacement question

I have 2000 25D flagstaff travel trailer. I want to replace the floors in. I have removed most everyrhing in it. Now is it possible to jack up the aluminum frame walls and pull the complete floor out and redo it that way or should i just cut flush with the walls and replace it that way. Also under the floor is it aluminium frame as well. Any guidance would helpfull
Old 11-12-2017, 03:48 PM   #6

Not sure what fastening method is used to tie the bottom plate of the walls to the floor. I don't think it would be practical to try and separate the walls from the floor.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #7

Fiberglass wall removed

I have the fiberglass removed. I have sanded the old laun board thats attached to the fiberglass exterior wall very smooth. There was previous water damage seen. Now, will new laun sheets be able to be glued to the old on? There is no way i can sand it all off completly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180205_131415.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	161773  

Tags
floor, replacement, roo, roof