Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #1

2004 Flagstaff leak

I am new on here. We have had our 5th wheel for 6 years. It is mostly like brand new. The problem we have is the cover that covers the outside plugin for the trailer itself broke off. So there is none. It had to have a new roof about 4 years ago. We have not used it in over a year, because my husband broke his neck in a motorcycle accident. Now, I will not take it back to the dealer to get fixed so I need some real good advice. I will be doing this my self. It seems that where the plugin is from the outside, water is coming in. Do I replace the whole plug-in? or just get the cap for it. Also, the window at the very back, one step from that plug-in is leaking. Not being in it for so long, we have some damage. My husband is sick at heart over this. But I am bound and determined to fix it. It looks like the window is leaking, you can see the water stains coming from under the window. The same thing is happening at the table. Tell me what I need to do. I payed way too much money for this thing, just to let it go bad. I may have to change out some wall board for it looks like it is buckling. This is not a job I am afraid of, my Dad was a carpenter and I can use any tool. Just tell me if you have advice. I can't stand to see my husband so discouraged. Now that he can get around again he wants to use the trailers. Thanks in advance for any help and bless you.
Redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

As for the outside plug in cover, first find your replacement cover. If you have to buy the whole thing, then you know you will need to replace the whole thing. As for the window, sounds like it needs to come out and be resealed. Will need an extra set of hands. Search the post for window, there is one excellent one with pics of a guy that added a window. Very informative, and should help.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #3

Thanks for the comment Windrider. I am going to a place tomorrow when I take my husband to the hospital. They handle everything for the RV. I have a grown son and a couple grown grandsons, so I am sure I can get the help. Do you have any idea where to look for the photos? I looked at one place but it would not let me pull up photos. Thanks again.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

They're here somewhere, I'll look again when I get the chance. Might check under mods, since he added a window that wasn't there. Somebody help us remember, I hate getting old.

2008 Work and Play 18LT
Old 02-16-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Can't find the post but here's a set of directions that should give you an idea:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4657237_install-rv-windows.html

Good luck

2008 Work and Play 18LT
Old 02-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #6

These water stains from the window. Are they on the inside or the outside of the trailer?

tgif: let's RV - HobbyTalk
HobbyTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #7

They are on the inside of the window.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #8

What I would suggest is that you remove the affected windows to make sure there is no additional damage to the framing. Fix that if needed then reinstall the window using Eternabond DoubleStick tape. http://www.eternabond.com/ProductDet...de=DoubleStick

tgif: let's RV - HobbyTalk
HobbyTalk is offline   Reply With Quote