Old 06-07-2014, 12:25 AM   #1

2011 390BH AC Vents

We have an AC in the front and one in the rear bedroom. We have been having trouble keeping the MH cool enough. I had the quick cool vents open on the ACs and the rear bedroom is an icebox and the front is just not cool at all but cool air is coming out of the quick cool vent.

If I close the quick cool vents on both units air is coming out of the ceiling vents.

Are all the ceiling vents connected? Meaning, that the rear ac could help cool the front because the ductwork between the two are connected or is the bedroom and bunk area ductwork exclusive to the rear ac?

I think I have 13.5BTU units and may also need to upgrade to 15K units. Its hot in Texas! How expensive is it? Is it a diy kinda thing?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:28 AM   #2

Also, If I am looking for a replacement.. Am I looking for a 'ducted' version?

Old 06-07-2014, 12:39 AM   #3

Also are the rooftop units ACs or Heat Pumps? Man so much to learn...
Old 06-07-2014, 01:06 AM   #4

Ok I think I have answered my own question. I shut off the rear AC and just left on the front AC with the quick cool vent closed.. I was able to feel air coming out of the ceiling vents in the bedroom.

I have now closed the quick cool vents on both units and have closed 3 of the 4 ceiling vents in the bedroom to push more air to the front of the coach! I feel air coming out of the front ceiling vents so we will see how that helps. Thinking we may still need to upgrade though to really cool it down enough.
Old 06-07-2014, 04:53 AM   #5

The front A/c is also a heat pump. Both are ducted in all ceiling vents. In hot weather the 13.5's struggle to keep up. Some things I did to help. Front windshield sunscreen. This keeps the heat out. The sunscreen inside helps but the outside one is much better. Also get one for the drivers window. Get them for the slide windows and door also. Awning on side windows. Turn air on early before it gets hot. Drop down screen on awning. I use a six foot but do a search on the topic. You can upgrade to 15's on both and you can get heat pumps on both. A heat pump is just running the a/c back words. Get a small floor fan to push air from cooler bedroom. In really hot weather mine don't totally keep up. I can cool around 15 degrees. So is 90 I can get it to 75 or so. Upgrading to 15's in Texas might be the way to go but in some CG's you might not be able to use both because of the amp draw. If and when mine die I will replace with 15's. Try the sunscreen. They work great.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:18 PM   #6

Ok.... The front AC/Heat Pump just made a really loud noise.. sounded like when you 'drive by braille' in your car on those slits in the road.. then just stopped.. I turned it off b/c it freaked me out and when I attempted to just turn on the fan to low from the thermostat I get nothing but a buzzing noise from the AC. Ideas?
Old 06-17-2014, 11:22 PM   #7

Jake are you running the AC or HP? It sounds like the compressor froze up. Or the load pop was the whole unit braking.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #8

I was running the AC. It wasnt a single loud noise but a series of them.. like going over a bunch of tiny speedbumps in your car.

I'm wondering if maybe the fan was hitting the shroud or something.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #9

And now it will buzz if i turn it on .. even if I just turn on the 'fan' from thermostat.. like the fan motor is bound up or something.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:22 AM   #10

I went up on top of the rig.. it is cold in Wyoming tonight lol. Anyhow, removed the shroud and the fan was stuck. It was locked up against the shroud. The fan motor itself has two bolts that secure it to a mount and those two bolts were not very tight at all. I got them tight and the fan was freed from the bind it was in. It still makes a slight rubbing noise when it revolves but its definitely free moving'ish again.

Tags
390bh, vent