Old 02-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #1

2012 CC 25rks travel trailer front panel replacement

Hello, New here. I have a 2012 CC 25rks travel trailer. I bought it new from a dealer in DE. I have a issue with the front fiberglass panel that they used on that year. It has warped and faded. I called Forest River and they said they knew of the issue and sell a kit for replacement. Well since they wouldn`t warranty it I ordered the kit last year. It consists of the diamond plate bottom, two upper color panels and the pre bent edges. I was going to install it myself but after looking at it the install may be a little more then I want to tackle. (BTW this kit is basically the same front they started using in 2014 or 2015 25rks I believe.) I would have to install wood strip for the seem which he current camper doesn`t have. My main issue is the metal panels are flat but the seem like they would work (flex) ok on the gradual curve of the front until I get to the top to make a sharper bend. It is the same panel they use on the newer campers so I don`t know how to make the bend without making a crease in the metal. Anyone replace the front on their camper? Any advice is welcome. BTW, the two closest RV places did not want to mess with it for various reasons. Second of all, I don`t want to spend a small fortune trying to get it done. thanks, Mike

25rks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:45 PM   #2

Pictures ??

Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #3

Don`t have them right now but will take some shortly.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:05 AM   #4
Head Rambler

As said above, pictures would help, but I looked online and it looks like it has a smooth radius.

On a previous unit I installed a piece of aluminum diamond plate and it had a curved radius on the front. It wasn't as hard as it appears to smoothly bend the sheet around the radius. You may have to start differently, but I started at the bottom and worked the sheet up and around the bend and screwed it in place with the trim as I went. It made a very smooth bend and wound up looking better than the original front.

Once you remove the edge trim you'll see how it's attached. If you go slow it's not a bad job at all. It also helps to have a helper.
Old 02-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #5

pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	camperfront.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	311.0 KB
ID:	197308   Click image for larger version

Name:	camperfront2.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	348.7 KB
ID:	197309  
Old 02-22-2019, 12:40 PM   #6

There would be a seam around halfway up. I need to add a piece of wood at the seam according to Forest River. What size wood framing is under there? 2x2?

Tags
2012, replacement, trailer, travel, travel trailer