Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #1

2013 XLR 27HFS- Structural Problem?

While washing my trailer I noticed to on the right front side of my trailer at the molding a gap had appeared. Either the front wall had moved or the side wall had. I assume the manufacture didn't properly bond the corner or something. Of course its just over its 1 year warranty but I hope Forest river has a longer structural warranty. I have just contacted the dealer today. Anybody have any idea whats happening? how major it is? and if Forest River should be fixing it past the one year? I purchased it thro RVwholesalers in march 2012 and had it shipped up so I doubt I have much chance of them backing up any repairs?
Thoughts?????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer IMG-20130706-00044 (2).jpg
Views:	116
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	34697   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer IMG-20130706-00041 (2).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	34698  
RacerNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #2

Looks to me like you may have twisted the frame going through something and it shifted a little. But just because it twisted a little doesn't mean it's bent. I have an aluminum sides toy hauler and my panels shifted a little in the same area one time but no gap appeared. Hopefully nothing is wrong. Good luck.
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660
wyo700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #3

It looks like the vinyl strip on the molding, the one that covers the molding screws, is on the front of the cap? If so, it looks like some of those screws may have let go. The solution may be as simple as taking that vinyl strip off and putting in new, and may be more, screws.
It shouldn't be a big fix, and like wyo said, the camper may have flexed a bit.
We have seen a lot worse, although any issue is a concern to the one who owns the camper in question.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #4

As mentioned, looks like screws either failed or backed out. Remove the vinyl in the trim and use a longer and more course screw in a few places while pushing the trim and corner back to place. Be sure to reseal with the proper caulking.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote