Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2016, 08:25 PM   #1

2015 shamrock23ss rubber roof

The roof has a hole about the size of half dollar and I cut small square and checked the wood and it was moist but not all the way through. My insurance wants to just patch it and repair shop said it would only cause more problems later.So should I insist on complete new roof seems like all the info I gathered up to this point leans toward replacement and it is less than 1 year old. Your thoughts.

Ken and Denise new SOB Imagine2019 2850mk 2017 Ram 2500 ctd.
previous 2015 shamrock23s,2015 Ram Eco diesel
previous 1997 coleman highlander pup,1994 35rb Vectra,diesel,2007 Fleetwood arcadia pup.2005 ram
kennyairport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 AM   #2

What problems does the repair shop see with a patch?

I had a quarter sized hole in my pop-up fiberglass roof. It is a pebbled surface. I cleaned the surface, put some eternabond tape over it and have had no issues. Super sticky, in fact it is very hard to remove once down. That was a couple years ago and it is still holding.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 06:28 AM   #3

The Factory cuts Holes in the Roof all the time to install "Things?"! Make sure your roof Underlayment is Dry & solid, then Clean & Apply E bond! Done Deal! Youroo!!
Old 03-17-2016, 10:21 PM   #4

2015 shamrock23ss rubber roof

Agree with others a repair is probably all you need. Providing you did not have significant water in the unit. I do mold work for a living, pick up some mold control at Home Depot spray area good let it dry before repair is done, product has good residual effect and is safe. If it were mine it would already be done it's an easy repair.

I am curious as to why the repair shop said it would cause problems later, seeing that there are at least 5 or 6 other holes in your roof that are sealed as well. Maybe they just want to sell you a roof replacement.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss, roo, roof, shamrock