Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
you need to get in touch with Wildcat Chris on this forum
Can you tell me how to get in touch with him? Thanks
__________________

__________________
Lan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #22
Toy-aholic
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chalfont, PA
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan Young View Post
Can you tell me how to get in touch with him? Thanks
PM sent
__________________

__________________
2005 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW 6.6 D/A
2013 Crusader 335BHS TE
EXGMTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Update.
FR sent a guy to look at the camper last Tuesday. Turned out, as he said, that it was not a crack but a scratch underneath the stripes. He said probably when they carried the piece to put on, there was a nail somewhere scratched on it.

I think of this issue as a warranty issue and quality control issue. It should have not left the factory in the first place.

I investigated the camper more closely and looked underneath the camper and found out that all the pipes and bolts were rusty. Duck tapes were used in several places. Attached here some pictures in hope to hear your opinions.

All these pics were sent to FR after FR visit. And we did not hear back any, even though we both sent few emails asking for updates. We started to feel like someone is trying to hide and feel like being ignored. Hate to think about starting a BBB complaint, but it looks like we may have to do so in order to get a response.

I also just called the dealer today and he said he will try to contact FR but I became so impatient anymore. We reserved a site for Memorial Day weekend and we do not plan to take this camper out until we receive a solution from FR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180001.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	28926   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180004.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	28927   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180005.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	28928   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180003.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	28929  
__________________
Lan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
OL Creeker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: In our CC.
Posts: 646
This doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. We had our hearts set on getting a 2013, CC. I'm betting others with new CC's are gonna go crawl around in the morning as well. Please keep us all posted.
__________________
Alan, Kathy & Cooper the camping cat
2014 Cedar Creek, 36CKTS
2013 GMC 2500 Denali
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:57 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
DAISY BOYKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SUNSHINE STATE
Posts: 1,623
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Rusty pipes are the norm--------

The propane pipes are what is referred to as "BLACK IRON PIPES" and usually are not painted. I looked at your pictures and it appears that your unit was built in the winter time, towed to the dealership on roads that had been salted because of snow or ice. I received my unit in January with 6" of snow on the ground in Lake View, Ohio. After towing back to Florida, I spent about two weeks pressure washing all under neath the Fifth wheel. I then used a chemical (LOWE'S) called Phosphoric Acid or called OSPHO to paint, spray all the rusty under carriage to stop the rust. I then applied a good coat of black enamel paint. All the large rusty adjustment bolts or threaded items, I brushed on a good coat of oil.

Good luck on your repairs.
__________________
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
The propane pipes are what is referred to as "BLACK IRON PIPES" and usually are not painted. I looked at your pictures and it appears that your unit was built in the winter time, towed to the dealership on roads that had been salted because of snow or ice. I received my unit in January with 6" of snow on the ground in Lake View, Ohio. After towing back to Florida, I spent about two weeks pressure washing all under neath the Fifth wheel. I then used a chemical (LOWE'S) called Phosphoric Acid or called OSPHO to paint, spray all the rusty under carriage to stop the rust. I then applied a good coat of black enamel paint. All the large rusty adjustment bolts or threaded items, I brushed on a good coat of oil.

Good luck on your repairs.
Any reason why the pipes are not usually painted?
__________________
Lan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
DAISY BOYKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SUNSHINE STATE
Posts: 1,623
Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Why are pipes not painted-------

More than likely to save $$. I did paint mine after using the OSPHO chemical to remove the rust. I also replaced most of the screws in the under belly that had rusted. If you will look at natural gas lines in your neighborhood on the gas meters next to the house, you will see the same pipes that are used on propane. Yours just happen to get rusty from salt
from the roads.

Contact your warranty guy at FOREST RIVER, explain to them about the rust. Tell them you need a bucket of the screws to replace yours. get a mechanics creeper, electric screw driver and a # 2 square driver bit, have a ball!
__________________
Sid, Lois & HRH MISSY Terrible 2s SHIH TZU
2011 ROCKWOOD 8285 WS
2014 F-250 KING RANCH PS/SD/6R140/BFT
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2017 66 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 PM   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 32
We had a crack in the side of our camper about 2 years ago. The guy to contact at FR was Doug Fought. He could not have been more helpful. Other than having to get the camper back to the factory from PA, everything else went smoothly and we were out of warranty. They even took care of our Concert Tone issues with a swap. There were problems but they definitely made good. I would buy another FR without hesitation.
__________________
2008 Rockwood 8318
GMC 3500 Crew Cab Dually Diesel
Equalizer Hitch
KDEL1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDEL1970 View Post
We had a crack in the side of our camper about 2 years ago. The guy to contact at FR was Doug Fought. He could not have been more helpful. Other than having to get the camper back to the factory from PA, everything else went smoothly and we were out of warranty. They even took care of our Concert Tone issues with a swap. There were problems but they definitely made good. I would buy another FR without hesitation.
I hope I will feel the same way eventually
__________________
Lan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2
For the record, that is black iron pipe. It is never painted, even in your brick and mortar, but the pipe is incredibly thick for the small amount of pressure it carries, a lot less than the plastic water line pressurized up to 50 psi. From what I see the rust is perfectly normal for a trailer.
__________________

__________________
SDCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.