Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXGMTech View Post
you need to get in touch with Wildcat Chris on this forum
Can you tell me how to get in touch with him? Thanks
Lan Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #22
Toy-aholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan Young View Post
Can you tell me how to get in touch with him? Thanks
PM sent
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #23

Update.
FR sent a guy to look at the camper last Tuesday. Turned out, as he said, that it was not a crack but a scratch underneath the stripes. He said probably when they carried the piece to put on, there was a nail somewhere scratched on it.

I think of this issue as a warranty issue and quality control issue. It should have not left the factory in the first place.

I investigated the camper more closely and looked underneath the camper and found out that all the pipes and bolts were rusty. Duck tapes were used in several places. Attached here some pictures in hope to hear your opinions.

All these pics were sent to FR after FR visit. And we did not hear back any, even though we both sent few emails asking for updates. We started to feel like someone is trying to hide and feel like being ignored. Hate to think about starting a BBB complaint, but it looks like we may have to do so in order to get a response.

I also just called the dealer today and he said he will try to contact FR but I became so impatient anymore. We reserved a site for Memorial Day weekend and we do not plan to take this camper out until we receive a solution from FR.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180001.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	28926   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180004.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	28927   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180005.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	28928   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013_04180003.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	28929  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #24

This doesn't give me a warm fuzzy. We had our hearts set on getting a 2013, CC. I'm betting others with new CC's are gonna go crawl around in the morning as well. Please keep us all posted.
Duramax/Allison
Full timers since 5/30/2013
OL Creeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 PM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Rusty pipes are the norm--------

The propane pipes are what is referred to as "BLACK IRON PIPES" and usually are not painted. I looked at your pictures and it appears that your unit was built in the winter time, towed to the dealership on roads that had been salted because of snow or ice. I received my unit in January with 6" of snow on the ground in Lake View, Ohio. After towing back to Florida, I spent about two weeks pressure washing all under neath the Fifth wheel. I then used a chemical (LOWE'S) called Phosphoric Acid or called OSPHO to paint, spray all the rusty under carriage to stop the rust. I then applied a good coat of black enamel paint. All the large rusty adjustment bolts or threaded items, I brushed on a good coat of oil.

Good luck on your repairs.
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAISY BOYKIN View Post
The propane pipes are what is referred to as "BLACK IRON PIPES" and usually are not painted. I looked at your pictures and it appears that your unit was built in the winter time, towed to the dealership on roads that had been salted because of snow or ice. I received my unit in January with 6" of snow on the ground in Lake View, Ohio. After towing back to Florida, I spent about two weeks pressure washing all under neath the Fifth wheel. I then used a chemical (LOWE'S) called Phosphoric Acid or called OSPHO to paint, spray all the rusty under carriage to stop the rust. I then applied a good coat of black enamel paint. All the large rusty adjustment bolts or threaded items, I brushed on a good coat of oil.

Good luck on your repairs.
Any reason why the pipes are not usually painted?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 PM   #27

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Why are pipes not painted-------

More than likely to save $$. I did paint mine after using the OSPHO chemical to remove the rust. I also replaced most of the screws in the under belly that had rusted. If you will look at natural gas lines in your neighborhood on the gas meters next to the house, you will see the same pipes that are used on propane. Yours just happen to get rusty from salt
from the roads.

Contact your warranty guy at FOREST RIVER, explain to them about the rust. Tell them you need a bucket of the screws to replace yours. get a mechanics creeper, electric screw driver and a # 2 square driver bit, have a ball!
TST Truck System Technologies TM-507SE
DAYS CAMPED 2023 69 DAYS
[SIGPIC][/SI[SIGPIC]
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #28

We had a crack in the side of our camper about 2 years ago. The guy to contact at FR was Doug Fought. He could not have been more helpful. Other than having to get the camper back to the factory from PA, everything else went smoothly and we were out of warranty. They even took care of our Concert Tone issues with a swap. There were problems but they definitely made good. I would buy another FR without hesitation.
KDEL1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDEL1970 View Post
We had a crack in the side of our camper about 2 years ago. The guy to contact at FR was Doug Fought. He could not have been more helpful. Other than having to get the camper back to the factory from PA, everything else went smoothly and we were out of warranty. They even took care of our Concert Tone issues with a swap. There were problems but they definitely made good. I would buy another FR without hesitation.
I hope I will feel the same way eventually
Old 04-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #30

For the record, that is black iron pipe. It is never painted, even in your brick and mortar, but the pipe is incredibly thick for the small amount of pressure it carries, a lot less than the plastic water line pressurized up to 50 psi. From what I see the rust is perfectly normal for a trailer.
SDCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #31

I don't really see a problem with the underside, either. If you plan to keep the frame and underside in perfect condition- sell it now. It can't be done and you will not be happy, ever, if you expect to keep it pristine.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
I don't really see a problem with the underside, either. If you plan to keep the frame and underside in perfect condition- sell it now. It can't be done and you will not be happy, ever, if you expect to keep it pristine.
We have had our fifth for 3 years, and the underside, frame and all, remains as clean as the day it left the factory.
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #33

To revert (BACK) to the OP,the cracks in the Vees were short ones above the corner of the slides. Not full length like this case. Now if it is a Crack back to the Fac. Where is the Final Decision Now? From the Fac.that is? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lan Young View Post
Update.
FR sent a guy to look at the camper last Tuesday. Turned out, as he said, that it was not a crack but a scratch underneath the stripes. He said probably when they carried the piece to put on, there was a nail somewhere scratched on it.

I investigated the camper more closely and looked underneath the camper and found out that all the pipes and bolts were rusty. Duck tapes were used in several places. Attached here some pictures in hope to hear your opinions.

We reserved a site for Memorial Day weekend and we do not plan to take this camper out until we receive a solution from FR.
Did the guy that FR sent out to look at the trailer say what they were going to do about the scratch?

Surface rust on the metal gas pipe isn't unusual and won't hurt anything. Both of my previous two Wildcats looked like that. Both also had the tape on the underbelly. The tape, which is useless, will probably come off in a year or two. Replace it with Gorilla tape and if done properly will stay on for many years. The tape is used to cover the areas of the corrugated plastic where cuts were made in it for the plumbing.

I don't why you are going to punish yourself by not using your Wildcat over the Memorial Day weekend. Other than a scratch there isn't anything wrong with your Wildcat. Go out and enjoy your new fifth wheel until you find out what FR is going to do about the scratch.

If you don't believe me then join the Wildcat Campers Forum and ask there. I'm sure they will verify everything I told you. Here's a link to that forum WildcatCamperForum.com There are thousands of Wildcat owners on that forum.

Bob

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #35
Site Team

Yeah, what Bob said times 2!!

Why sit at home?? You've got a great new trailer-- GO USE IT!
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 AM   #36
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Yeah, what Bob said times 2!!

Why sit at home?? You've got a great new trailer-- GO USE IT!
Yep x3!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote