Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #1

A Solution for Scratched Storage Compartment Hinges

After spending big bucks for the custom paint job on our Forest River MH, I have been very disappointed to see that the paint on the hinges of the storage compartments was quickly scratched off. After only a few trips, the hinges were badly scratched down to bare aluminum. It looked terrible. I had the hinges repainted and the shop manager recommended a paint protection film by 3M(probably the same stuff that's on the hood, fenders, and coach cap). I purchased a roll of the material (under $40), cut strips about 3/4" wide and installed it on all of the hinges. It looks great. I really wish FR would have done something like this straight from the factory.

For those who are interested: 3M Scotchgard Pro Series film Source: Invisible Mask.com Be sure to read and follow the directions!
dcogs15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Average Joe

That's a very good tip. Thank you!

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage