Old 11-16-2011, 07:06 PM   #1

Add Me To The Peeling Decal Club.

The graphic decals on my 2009 Flaggstaff have started to peel.
It's the model name in three locations and the nose decals that have begun to curl. The swooshes are all fine.
What do you think my chances are of having Forest River send me new ones?

The company I work for does vehicle wraps so all of the tools and skilled labor is available to me for application. All I need is the replacement graphics.

Any idea who I should ask about new vinyl?

Bill

Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #2

Try a dealer. My father-in-law had a camper damaged when it was rear ended by someone talking on thier cell phone. Since it was a coachman, he had the repairs done by the local coachman dealer (at the time) and they were able to get replacment decals to replaced the damaged ones. And I know for our previous camper (sunline) some of the decals were fading. I aproached a dealer about replacment decals and they could order them too.

Old 11-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #3
camping

I sent you a PM

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #4

fivecodys, why would you want to replace the crappy factory decals with more crappy factory decals?
If you work for a decal company, they can easily whip up a set of nice ones. Heck, why not make up some custom decals? You could really personalize your camper.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:09 PM   #5
JAYCO Representative

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivecodys View Post
The graphic decals on my 2009 Flaggstaff have started to peel.
It's the model name in three locations and the nose decals that have begun to curl. The swooshes are all fine.
What do you think my chances are of having Forest River send me new ones?

The company I work for does vehicle wraps so all of the tools and skilled labor is available to me for application. All I need is the replacement graphics.

Any idea who I should ask about new vinyl?

Bill
Replacement decals are available through Forest River's parts department. Contact your local dealer to make arrangements. With your background, you should have no problem doing the install!

For the record, the factory decals on Forest River's RVs are on the same automotive-grade vinyls (3M, Arlon, Avery, Ritrama, and maybe even MacTac or Oracal, depending on which brand trailer you have) you'd get from a high end auto re-styler, vehicle wrap company or custom paint shop. The multi-color elements (like scenes and logos) are screen-printed using UV or solvent inks and then clear-coated, making them much more durable than the digital prints you'd get from a local sign maker. That's not to say you won't have any problems with the decals, since there's a lot of factors which can affect them, but they certainly aren't "crappy"!
Wildcat Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:47 PM   #6

Thanks to all for the replys.

We use a Roland ecosolvent printer here at the shop but it cannot print metallics like are on my unit now.
We use 3M vinyl adhesive for our vehicle wraps. 5 year warranty.

I have toy'd with the idea of a custom image.
We'll see what I come up with.
I may just remove the pealing graphics and leave the area open.

Thanks again for the comments.

Bill
Air Lift 5000
Prodigy Brake Controller

"I've got a mind like a steele.. a......a steele......um.....uh...... what's that thing called again?
fivecodys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Chris View Post
Replacement decals are available through Forest River's parts department. Contact your local dealer to make arrangements. With your background, you should have no problem doing the install!

For the record, the factory decals on Forest River's RVs are on the same automotive-grade vinyls (3M, Arlon, Avery, Ritrama, and maybe even MacTac or Oracal, depending on which brand trailer you have) you'd get from a high end auto re-styler, vehicle wrap company or custom paint shop. The multi-color elements (like scenes and logos) are screen-printed using UV or solvent inks and then clear-coated, making them much more durable than the digital prints you'd get from a local sign maker. That's not to say you won't have any problems with the decals, since there's a lot of factors which can affect them, but they certainly aren't "crappy"!
I'd like to replace the missing "forest river" oval shaped decal on my 831RLBSS that's gone missing.

However, I bought the trailer 7000kms from my current location (we've moved).

I'm now in a location where there is only one trailer dealer in town and no forest river dealers without at least a 6 hour drive, a 6 hour ferry ride and another 6 hour drive.

Can I just get a decal sent from the factory?

Who should I contact?

2011 Flagstaff Classic Superlight 831RLBSS "Atrium slide"
Husky Centerline Hitch
2016 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCrew, Lariat Sport, Max Tow package
great white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #8

FR does have replacement decals, at a price of course. Some of ours are going bad, the gold stripes only. The blue/grey ones are ok. Our toy hauler has been out of warranty for about 7 months and they wanted $200+ to replace the 1/2 dz. or so, out 20 or 30 pieces. Since it will undoubtly keep happening we elected to just take them off as they go bad. Hair dryer works well as long as they haven't gotten too bad. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #9

I am looking for decals for my 2007 26 db toyhualer. I have done to local dealer who talked to factory parts people but factory parts people neve got back with local dealer. Worked off and on for months still no decals. HELP!!!!!
Old 02-14-2012, 09:47 PM   #10

options

I have a 07 cedar creek that has burgundy decals that have alot of cracks in them. They look terrible. I sent pictures to Cedar Creek and the decal OEM to see if they would help me out. I had no luck. The cost of the burgundy decal through the dealer is $300. I am working with a couple of graphic decal stores to create and install burgundy replacement decals. I currently have 1 quote of $350 for removal, prep and installation of new burgundy decals.