Old 08-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Aluminum Siding

Well I did what I always cuss at other people for not paying attention I assumed a bunch of leaves was just a bunch of leaves and didnt thing there was a major branch down the middle of the bunch! I can opened the side of my trailer just under the gutter about 5 feet. So Im looking for all the advice I can get on replaceing the sidding at the top and or repairing and where to buy? Im in Northern CA It did not get the roof at all it just sliced the Aluminum and just grazed the header beam along the side......Ill take all the advice any can give me!

Chevy HD2500 CrewCab 4x4 Z71 Duramax
Sierra Sport by Forest River 38'
TrapDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
2012 Solera
Looks like you are a little east of Stockton, so this might not be very convenient for you - but I had good luck with Ideal RV and Trailer Supply in Redwood City - (650) 365-1574. They do all sorts of repairs. You might give them a call.

JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
You are somewhat lucky, in that most siding is put on bottom up, so the top piece would be the first off. You will have to pull the corner trim, and the top trim, then remove 500 screws, (not sure of number but a lot), then the siding will be held on by 500 small staples, again not sure of number). If it is all white, you are also in luck as it comes in white, if not, a trip to the paint store is in order, and paint before install. You will need scaffolding, a ladder won't work, and a few friends, and some beer for them. Not heavy, but will bend and crease very easily. Need friends to hold it straight. Once the top and sides are loose, pull up, kind of a "tongue and groove" joint. Depending on length, need a way to haul it, and it must remain flat. Camping World may have it in body shop. Comes in various lengths, may need to be cut with metal shears if rounded on ends. Can be done, but not a one man job. Also be under shelter if possible, or start early, due to rain and daylight.

Lastly, check with your insurance company, both RV and tow vehicle, and maybe you are covered.
2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote