Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #21

What about Proctect-All? Ive been using it for years and love the results. best thing is it can be used on all surfaces even decals and window trim. Its easy on and easy off.
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:30 AM   #22

B303 IS great stuff but it is water soluable and will run and wash off quickly on shiny smooth surfaces. I use it on all gaskets and convertable top on car. Rubber, vinyl and plastic are porus so it works well for them.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:50 AM   #23

It's about $25 a bottle and will do 3-4 cars so it's on the expensive side. However, REJEX is the best "wax" product I've ever used. Easy on/off and will last at least a year and the bugs almost fall off. You can buy it on-line or at Tru-value hardware stores. for more info, GOOGLE it and you'll be impressed.
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #24

Best Easy On/Easy Off wax?

Just waxed mine and used Mcguires marine and fiberglass wax and it worked awesome! Easy on and off!! I work in the auto body industry with the painting and I can tell you it's very important to use the right product for the finish and for fiberglass it will work the best to use a wax made for it.. It "bites" the fiberglass so it will last longer too.. Highly recommend it!! Good luck... Oh yea it worked fine over the decals too!!
Luckeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #25

Lucas spray wax is great. Removes bugs and wipe/spray on, wipe right off.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #26

I just waxed up my Wildwood 21rbs last weekend with Meguiar's Marine/RV Cleaner wax, and that stuff is amazing! Very easy to apply and remove, and the gelcoat looks and feels better than new. I only use Meguiars products on our vehicles, and I've never been disappointed. I notice that they also make a rubber roof cleaner/conditioner, I think I will get some of that as well.
thumperpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperpaul View Post
I just waxed up my Wildwood 21rbs last weekend with Meguiar's Marine/RV Cleaner wax, and that stuff is amazing! Very easy to apply and remove, and the gelcoat looks and feels better than new. I only use Meguiars products on our vehicles, and I've never been disappointed. I notice that they also make a rubber roof cleaner/conditioner, I think I will get some of that as well.

Where did you find this meguiars. We use their products on our car and trucks but have not seen it for rv's or rubber roof. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
SBx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBx2 View Post
Where did you find this meguiars. We use their products on our car and trucks but have not seen it for rv's or rubber roof. Thanks

I bought the Marine/rv cleaner wax from Amazon ($20) and saw the roof treatment in a Canadian Tire store ($14).
thumperpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperpaul View Post
I bought the Marine/rv cleaner wax from Amazon ($20) and saw the roof treatment in a Canadian Tire store ($14).

Thanks a bunch. Husband wants to try it.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

I just did a search for the rubber roof treatment and found it here.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
I just did a search for the rubber roof treatment and found it here.

I'll check there to see if they have it in the store. Thanks

Old 09-07-2014, 07:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick83 View Post
Tryed meguires synthetic sealant #21. You need to only put it on a polished/clean surface. I have been waxing/polishing with many products for past 30 years and have never seen anything shine like this stuff, I did my 365saqb sirrea with this since its new I wanted to get a good seal on it before we use it alot. I cleaned the paint 1st with meguires swrill reducer(all black streaks and crap on the paint) then sealed it. It goes on a little tuff but comes off easier. Did my truck hood and will see if holds up like they said it will from sap/ash/bird poo/pine needles etc. The picture is before the sealant went on with just a polish/cleaning and wax with meguires xtream synthetic wax.
Wow ! What a shine. Looks fantastic. Did you put it on and take it off by hand or did you use a polisher/buffer? I am using the Meguiars #45 polish and #56 pure wax. What are you using besides the Meguiars #21 ?
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:42 PM   #33

ok guys #21 did the job, came back from camping, hood trashed(as usual-rain, sap, ash. etc.). washed truck, and dried and all of the debris was completely gone so I did not need to clean the paint. It looks great. nothing stuck to the paint! no other wax/sealer has ever held up like this for me. by the way that pic of my rv is a polish with 3m finessit(SP) then sealed with #21. I used a meguire dual action buffer for both. Also there are 2 xtra coats of clear under there. That's another story.
quick83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wax