Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2014, 02:56 AM   #1

"Boat Bling" for Gel Coat....

Has anyone ever used this stuff? http://boatbling.net/ It's a Spray on, Wipe Off Application.
Buddy of mine has been using this stuff on his boat for years and his boat looks great. He uses the "Hot Sauce" once a month and the "Quickie Sauce" 2 times a year. He uses the "Condition Sauce" on his interior and trailer tires. He was going to let me try some, but he's just about out. I was going to order some, but I think I'll wait until he restocks his supply, and try a small section on the trailer...?
rkoll001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
Oklahoma Proud

Nope, never heard of it till now. I've been using pledge on our Regal boat for about 4 years. An old boater guy I use to work with, told me about using it. Its easy and cheap! We usually put it on after about every weekend we use it (or 2) and we use it almost every weekend from the end of may till the end of october. Everybody has said how good it looks and It keeps it from oxidizing, but we keep covered and in storage most of the time we aren't using it.
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
Nope, never heard of it till now. I've been using pledge on our Regal boat for about 4 years. An old boater guy I use to work with, told me about using it. Its easy and cheap! We usually put it on after about every weekend we use it (or 2) and we use it almost every weekend from the end of may till the end of october. Everybody has said how good it looks and It keeps it from oxidizing, but we keep covered and in storage most of the time we aren't using it.
Hmmm... didn't think about that one. I had a '84 gold wing and I never washed it, just "pledged" the "tupperware" every week or so. It still looked new when I sold it. Pledge is the only thing to use on the polycarbonate windshield, keeps the scratches at bay. But, seems like it would be expensive to do a TT with it.
53jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #4

I used Collinite insulator wax on my boat easy on and off great shine only put it on once a year. Sold the boat last year looked like new It was a 1996 waxing the Windjammer with it now. About $18 a bottle on Ebay
msroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #5

This stuff looks amazing!
TeamPlumlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #6

Ok, I know that there is a million products out there, and everyone has their favorite... However, I'm impressed with this stuff.
So I used the Hot Sauce on a section of the trailer. I'm very impressed with how easy it is to use, just spray on and wipe it off! It left an amazing shine and it felt like silk! Smells good too!
I sprayed the "applied section" with water to see how well it did when wet. Water just ran right off, amazing!
I'm going to use the Quickie Sauce on the entire trailer, to put down a good base. Then use the Hot Sauce as needed.
I have emailed the company and asked if the Condition Sauce has ever been used on an EPDM rubber roof. Waiting for a reply.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoll001 View Post
Ok, I know that there is a million products out there, and everyone has their favorite... However, I'm impressed with this stuff.
So I used the Hot Sauce on a section of the trailer. I'm very impressed with how easy it is to use, just spray on and wipe it off! It left an amazing shine and it felt like silk! Smells good too!
I sprayed the "applied section" with water to see how well it did when wet. Water just ran right off, amazing!
I'm going to use the Quickie Sauce on the entire trailer, to put down a good base. Then use the Hot Sauce as needed.
I have emailed the company and asked if the Condition Sauce has ever been used on an EPDM rubber roof. Waiting for a reply.
Did the company ever respond?
mot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 02:54 PM   #8

Yes, they said the Condition Sauce will work great on the EPDM roof. Will clean and condition, as well as add UV protection. Haven't tried it yet, been raining and too cold....

Tags
boat