Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2016, 11:54 AM   #1

Body repair needed

So I "sort of" sideswiped the back end of a UPS truck in a gas station. I'm totally baffled on finding good repair work done. We've had nightmares working with Camping World in the past but don't know where to go for full service (our fiver is enamel paint). We are near Charlotte, NC and don't want to be without our RV for months if possible. Any suggestions?
CardinalQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #2
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalQueen View Post
So I "sort of" sideswiped the back end of a UPS truck in a gas station. I'm totally baffled on finding good repair work done. We've had nightmares working with Camping World in the past but don't know where to go for full service (our fiver is enamel paint). We are near Charlotte, NC and don't want to be without our RV for months if possible. Any suggestions?
Call Tom Johnson in Concord and see who they use for body work. They farm it out to a shop up on Hwy 29 going towards downtown Concord. It is a good shop.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #3

Thank you!!! Every place we look at on line has horrible reviews. And we called FR and they said they couldn't suggest anyone because (country wide) repair work was a crapshoot. One in two have really bad experiences. FR agreed with us that someone wanting to start a business, with real ethics and great repair/paint people could make a bloody fortune.
Thank you for your tip. We'll call them tomorrow.
PS: Buying a 40' fiver for a first RV is a tad much trying to maneuver in gas stations.
CardinalQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #4

To bad you're not near Dayton Ohio. Dave Arbogast RV does great work. We take ours to none other
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 07:13 PM   #5

Does anyone know of an RV salvage yard? Is there someone who sells used parts? Have a 2005 Grand Surveyor with a bad rear quarter panel. Thought of just trying to replace it, rather than attempting a fiberglass repair.
Lydia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair