Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #1

Bubbling on Roof

I have a 2914 FR Sierra 5th wheel and I inspected the roof and found several areas that looks like the roof material is bubbling up. The RV repair shop owner said he recently had the same thing with another FR but different model. He said that the glue Dicor used on the white roofs did not stay glued down on tan roofs. I contacted Dicor and gave them the information and pictures they requested about four weeks ago and waiting on an answer. Has anyone else had this problem?
Who Dat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
Site Team

It may not be a Dicor problem. I thought that the model you have has Alpha TPO roof material and cement on them. I'd contact FR (forest river) and see what they say about it.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:24 AM   #3

I have the same problem with my 224rls Vibe, I got it new in Sept 2017 so it's still under warranty. It has bubbles and continues to get worse plus on one of the seams under rubber a piece as come up raising the rubber up but no hole yet.
Quinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #4

Bubbling on roof

Have you contacted Dicor about your problem? I have a name and phone number for the right person to talk to. I called him yesterday for an update on what they are going to do on my roof but he never called me back. I will call him everyday until he talks to me. I worried that the roof may start leaking!
Old 05-12-2018, 10:43 AM   #5

I have talked to Dicor rep. and it is their roof.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #6

I've read here many times that dealer and FR say,s that bubbles are normal. I call BS.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #7

Bubbles in roof

I had a 2007 Flagstaff for 10 years and nothing ever like this ever happened to that roof. It was ether put down incorrectly or the adhesive that’s being used is of poor quality.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #8

Quality control is the problem behind a lot of the problems with the roof. One there should be someone inspecting the surface prior to the roof going down and to insure enough adhesive is being used. Bottom line is Quality acontrol and the inspector being held responsible for the final product that's how it is in Army Aviation once the inspector says it's good to go then the problem is no longer the person that done the work responsiblity falls on inspector.

Tags
roo, roof