Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Night Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Forest Grove, Oregon
Posts: 585
Bumper plugs

Just thought I'd pass this item along, found CW sells them atm. This set seems to be a pretty good design compared to ordinary ones. I ordered a set for myself, to replace mine, had lost one already last year. Here's a link to their page.


No-Insect RV Bumper Caps, Set of 2 - Camco RV 40325 - Sewer Accessories - Camping World

Ebay also sells it, and its free shipping on that product

Dave
__________________

__________________
98 Chevy Silverado C3500 crewcab, 454 cu in & 2013 Salem Cruise-Lite 181BHXL
FRF and FROG member
Days camped in 2012 (3), 2013 (3), 2014 (6)
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
Dave_Monica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,329
As a suggestion, you could install 1 or 2 SS screws to hold them in place if you're not using the rear bumper for sewer hose storage.

Dave
__________________

__________________


Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
TTNewbees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 440
Towed my camper from Illinois to Yellowstone and grand Tetons and back last year, bumper plugs no issues.

Towed to Florida over Xmas in the last hour between getting gas and arriving at campground lost both plugs and almost list sewer hose.

Bought these last week at Burlington rv, has a latch you can open and close and comes with screws to screw into bumper



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-286425750.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	25232



Click image for larger version

Name:	image-466762616.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	25233
__________________
Mike
2012 Lacrosse 303RK
2012 F250 6.7 diesel
TTNewbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Just thought I'd pass this item along, found CW sells them atm. This set seems to be a pretty good design compared to ordinary ones. I ordered a set for myself, to replace mine, had lost one already last year. Here's a link to their page.

No-Insect RV Bumper Caps, Set of 2 - Camco RV 40325 - Sewer Accessories - Camping World

Ebay also sells it, and its free shipping on that product

Dave
There's a reason the plugs come out ...
I understand you want to replace them with permanent like plugs but the reason they com out to begin with is bumper flex from bike racks or spare tire and mounts bouncing.


Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:44 AM   #5
Member
 
maverick_415's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 69
Thanks for the heads up. This is perfect. I just bought two pairs off E-Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
Just thought I'd pass this item along, found CW sells them atm. This set seems to be a pretty good design compared to ordinary ones. I ordered a set for myself, to replace mine, had lost one already last year. Here's a link to their page.


No-Insect RV Bumper Caps, Set of 2 - Camco RV 40325 - Sewer Accessories - Camping World

Ebay also sells it, and its free shipping on that product

Dave
__________________

2013 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 26BHS
2011 Infinity QX56
maverick_415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Night Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Forest Grove, Oregon
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
There's a reason the plugs come out ...
I understand you want to replace them with permanent like plugs but the reason they com out to begin with is bumper flex from bike racks or spare tire and mounts bouncing.


Turbs
yep, I had read all about the issue of bumper plugs being lost while going down the road before I even purchased the trailer on these forums. But the day I picked up the trailer and the excitement of driving home a new trailer and camping in it, kind of put that knowledge out the door

In that video on CW, it shows a line attached to this plug. I will definitely gonna attach something like that.
__________________
98 Chevy Silverado C3500 crewcab, 454 cu in & 2013 Salem Cruise-Lite 181BHXL
FRF and FROG member
Days camped in 2012 (3), 2013 (3), 2014 (6)
Days camped in 2015, 0 Days so far (0)
This Space for Rent
Night Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stone View Post
yep, I had read all about the issue of bumper plugs being lost while going down the road before I even purchased the trailer on these forums. But the day I picked up the trailer and the excitement of driving home a new trailer and camping in it, kind of put that knowledge out the door

In that video on CW, it shows a line attached to this plug. I will definitely gonna attach something like that.
The line might keep the plug but you will still need a hose when it goes Buy,Buy! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
rowdydog77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 118
My bumper is black, so I just used some black 100 mph tape to secure the caps to the bumper.
__________________

2002 GMC Sierra C2500 HD 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2013 Sabre Silhouette 291BHTS
Pat, Michele and 2 old dogs, Shug & Sissy
rowdydog77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mountainmanbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lakeside mountains, Calif
Posts: 707
beats puttin screws in I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdydog77 View Post
My bumper is black, so I just used some black 100 mph tape to secure the caps to the bumper.



I also wrap a couple of wraps
of electrical tape
around my bumper plugs

no chance of loss
and
easy to take off

Mountainman
__________________
Mountainmanbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #10
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,363
I drilled a 3/64 hole top and bottom through the bumper and the plug, they need to be in line then I put a piece of thin rod through, this is the third trailer I have used this method to keep the plugs secure, used a piece of wire coat hanger at first but it starts to rust so I switched to a piece of aluminium.
__________________

__________________
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 AM.