Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2017, 09:08 AM   #41

Another option?

How about FR (with their incredible customer service), send a bonded service to come pick up your trailer, drag it back to the factory, repair it properly (if that's possible) and then deliver it to you better than new?

That would put all of the responsibility and liability where it belongs - on the manufacturer that didn't do the proper QC before it left the factory.

Maybe if we insisted on the manufacturer stepping up and doing the right thing, they would see the financial benefits of building it correctly the first time.

I know I expect too much...
KatanaPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
chedger Thanks for the Feedback,send Pics of the End result! Youroo!!
X2 on the photos when it is finished.

Im glad FR stepped up to the plate but the proof will be when it is repaired to your satisfaction Correctly, INCLUDING any interior damage that may have been caused by the faulty installation in the first place!.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:40 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post
How about FR (with their incredible customer service), send a bonded service to come pick up your trailer, drag it back to the factory, repair it properly (if that's possible) and then deliver it to you better than new?

That would put all of the responsibility and liability where it belongs - on the manufacturer that didn't do the proper QC before it left the factory.

Maybe if we insisted on the manufacturer stepping up and doing the right thing, they would see the financial benefits of building it correctly the first time.

On both our units that "Had to go Back to the Factory" KZ and Forest River,they Both were going to have a "Hauler" pick up our unit and bring them back! BUT,if we brought the units to them they would "Repair will we waited" since we were retired and we "Know how long it takes for a "Hauler to Pick Up and Return Units" from the Factories we chose to Take and Bring the unit ourselves! Free Super Guided Factory Tours at Both locations also! Without asking for Anything they Both also did some Perks for our "Inconvenience"! Youroo!!
Old 06-27-2017, 02:44 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
CaptnJohn, I won't discount FR didn't do their due diligence when building the unit or it wouldn't have needed repaired in the first place.

BUT... at this point in the game, the OP is dealing with what CW messed up by trying to fix the original problem. We don't know what it looked like before the CW repair so all we can go on is what is there now and that, is simply what I was pointing out.

If it were mine... a factory repair is all I'd accept.
If it blew the rest of the roof off going back to the factory, so be it.
They could then replace that too.
Correct. The small quick and easy should be dealer warranty items. The big factory screw ups should go back to the factory to be done correctly and learn how to keep the same from ever happening again. Once they see the big problems they cause and repair them nothing will change. Both FR and Thor need a minimum of 3 factory repair facilities along with what they do in IN. Let's get the big stuff fixed once and correct. There would be no piece work wages in repair facilities. They would be competing with the dealers for tech talent and paying a fair price for it.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatanaPilot View Post

Careful..... you're letting "Logic" enter the discussion!.....
Old 06-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #46

I'd sure be driving 4 hours, to get it right.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:09 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
I'd sure be driving 4 hours, to get it right.

X a few....4 hrs??? Dance in the park
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:23 PM   #48

It's more like 40 hours from here, but I'd be on the road to the factory.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyinfla View Post
I will never take my rig to another camping world for repairs...
I agree, not the simplest repair, they sealed up a trailer I bought from them and didn't even clean old Dicor sealant before adding new Dicor, I have redone all that they did, pitiful.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:44 PM   #50

Update Dave arbogast is doing repair work for F/R this was a dealer F/R recommended and they have repaired roof picking up next week but they requested F/R let them put a whole new roof on it because Camping World repair was not up to par they found more bubbles in roof and just poor workmanship so it is good for now and hopefully with the pics F/R has they will go ahead and replace this roof fingers crossed will keep updated F/R has been exceptionally great during all this and so has Dave Arbogast
chedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #51

Fingers crossed for you here, hope ya get a new roof.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:41 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardwellmarty View Post
Fingers crossed for you here, hope ya get a new roof.
Pity that it had to go that way. All the expense and inconvenience.
bruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:34 AM   #53

Update warranty approved for the second time and Dave Arbogast will be doing the repair work. This is good news and everyone at Forest River and Arbogast has been awesome to work with so couldn't be happier[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
chedger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, repair, roo, roof, roof repair