Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2017, 04:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
My advice is, other than covering to protect it as someone already said, DON"T TOUCH IT!

Take it directly to CW and they should own the problem of the roof and any subsequent damage that has been done. If you mess with it they will probably claim you did it and deny liability.
Its not a hard repair. It took less than 45 minutes to do mine at the factory and stuff more insulation in under the hood. Its all about skill sets and having the right tools something that CW seems to be in short supply across the board. At the end of the day Forest River own the warranty and are ultimately responsible. Taking it back to an incompetent dealer who doesn't acknowledge their short comings isn't going to fix the problem!
bruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 06:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedger View Post
Attachment 142598Attachment 142599Attachment 142600
This is what I found today when I was getting ready to wash my roof to go camping next weekend this is a 2016 2650ws fifth wheel I bought 2016/06/18 found roof peeling off 2016/07/18 forest river warranted the roof camping world fixed roof I thought it was a poor job to begin with and they told me they had their best man on it so here I am one year later almost with my cap coming off they didn't even hit the wood roof with screws from transition strip and it is popping up two inches of rain can't get anyone from camping world till Monday I just don't know where to go with this it is my first brand new camper and I would really rather not have all these problems and seems like camping world doesn't really care

Sure looks like something is missing. A tack strip perhaps to bridge that gap. If not closed it will just happen again. Dicor nor any sealant could hold that canyon.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #23

Send pics of it to FR and let them know about this poor repair. They may make it right. The number one issue here is that it was Camping World, a very common topic is their lack of quality work. They are a disgrace to the industry.
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Camper View Post
The number one issue here is that it was Camping World, a very common topic is their lack of quality work. They are a disgrace to the industry.
I would think the number one issue would be why this happened in the first place, which points to original manufacturer.

We have had some excellent work done by several different Camping Worlds. So to say they are all a disgrace to the industry is a grossly incorrect statement.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:17 PM   #25

I don't care who did it. That is not "roof repair" in any sense of the words. That is a hack job. You should not pay for substandard repairs. A roof should be water tight not a waterfall to the inside. If CW was incapable of performing professional work, they should have referred you elsewhere.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxmutt View Post
I don't care who did it. That is not "roof repair" in any sense of the words. That is a hack job. You should not pay for substandard repairs. A roof should be water tight not a waterfall to the inside. If CW was incapable of performing professional work, they should have referred you elsewhere.
Totally agree! Unfortunately this is indicative of our local CW, they can't even get the similar stuff right (i.e. Wash & seal roof).
ACE110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:02 AM   #27

Camping world=headaches

I will never take my rig to another camping world for repairs...
Old 06-26-2017, 11:30 AM   #28

Here is the best tip anyone on here will ever hear. NEVER!!!, buy or repair anything at Camping World. As I have given them so many chances on so many things and you will be left with the green weeny every time.
Cardinal5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:32 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardinal5er View Post
Here is the best tip anyone on here will ever hear. NEVER!!!, buy or repair anything at Camping World. As I have given them so many chances on so many things and you will be left with the green weeny every time.
By your avatar, I guess you own a Cardinal? You need to get the green weeny if you ever took that beautiful 5er to them, CW is not a repair shop, to the OP take it to the factory or have CW pay to have it pick-up and delv back to you. Just love them Cardinals...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 02:31 PM   #30

I always wondered where the Service Teck that got "Fired" from our KZ Dealership went,Now I know! He replaced a Fiberglass Nose- cone on our KZ Frontier TT in the Winter "Outside" he used a 5gal bucket of Dicor! I took Pics from a ladder of the "Recall Repair" it looked like a Scene from "Artic Express"the Dicor was stuck up 5",it looked like "Snow Covered Peaks of the Rocky Mountains"! I sent the Pics to the MFG KZ and didn't hear back from them,so I called,they said they received the Pics and showed them to the Workers and Staff and they all got a Good Laugh from them! They thought it was a "JOKE"! They then Apologized and were Super Sorry,I said we would go to the Dealer and pick it up and bring it to the Factory,and we did and KZ treated us just like FR has treated us,Very Good! I know your feeling about BAD Workmanship,but hope you contact the Proper person at FR for your repair,NOT CAMPING WORLD,who did your repair! Youroo!!
Old 06-26-2017, 09:50 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I would think the number one issue would be why this happened in the first place, which points to original manufacturer.

We have had some excellent work done by several different Camping Worlds. So to say they are all a disgrace to the industry is a grossly incorrect statement.

Agree~~ CW at Myrtle Beach has completed many services for me and always have done a good job. Not every CW is good and not all are bad just as not all FR products are shipped with as terribly subpar workmanship as what OP found. Had FR built this unit correctly CW would have never seen the roof.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:58 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
Agree~~ CW at Myrtle Beach has completed many services for me and always have done a good job. Not every CW is good and not all are bad just as not all FR products are shipped with as terribly subpar workmanship as what OP found. Had FR built this unit correctly CW would have never seen the roof.
It doesn't really matter that some are good or bad, or that FR obviously screwed the pooch, too. The OP took his to the CW and they accepted responsibility to "repair" the problem. They didn't do what they were paid to do. I would take the pictures and see them in small claims court.
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:26 AM   #33

Update have talked to FR everyone there has been great to deal with they were going to have me bring to factory to fix but determined might cause more damage since I'm about 4 hrs away so they helped me find another dealer to repair close and are going to take care of this for me to me this is awesome customer service to take ownership even after someone else has botched the repair they already gave authorization to fix once needless to say myself I will not have CW ever do any repairs on my camper again that is just my opinion from my experience with them so thanks FR for handling this matter greatly appreciated
chedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:41 AM   #34

chedger Thanks for the Feedback,send Pics of the End result! Youroo!!
Old 06-27-2017, 07:04 AM   #35

Great news! Glad they took care of you.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:52 AM   #36

Insist on a factory repair. No dealer can ever make your problems go away. Your unit was defective from day 1.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2minilite View Post
This might help
New2minilite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:13 AM   #38
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedger View Post
Update have talked to FR everyone there has been great to deal with they were going to have me bring to factory to fix but determined might cause more damage since I'm about 4 hrs away so they helped me find another dealer to repair close and are going to take care of this for me to me this is awesome customer service to take ownership even after someone else has botched the repair they already gave authorization to fix once needless to say myself I will not have CW ever do any repairs on my camper again that is just my opinion from my experience with them so thanks FR for handling this matter greatly appreciated
I understand your enthusiasm after what you've been through but please be sure this place has a good reputation for fixing body/roof damage. Don't just go there and drop off your rig because FR 'found' them for you.

I'd be paying a personal visit to inspect their facility and talk to the people who are actually going to do the work. Be 100% sure they can do what is necessary to resolve this. The work necessary (from your photos) isn't your run of the mill repair simply because CW screwed it up so bad. The repair place needs to understand this and so do you.

Just something to consider...

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
The work necessary (from your photos) isn't your run of the mill repair simply because CW screwed it up so bad. The repair place needs to understand this and so do you.

Just something to consider...
The work necessary (from your photos) isn't your run of the mill repair simply because FR screwed it up so bad when building the unit. The repair place needs to understand this and so do you.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #40
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
The work necessary (from your photos) isn't your run of the mill repair simply because FR screwed it up so bad when building the unit. The repair place needs to understand this and so do you.
CaptnJohn, I won't discount FR didn't do their due diligence when building the unit or it wouldn't have needed repaired in the first place.

BUT... at this point in the game, the OP is dealing with what CW messed up by trying to fix the original problem. We don't know what it looked like before the CW repair so all we can go on is what is there now and that, is simply what I was pointing out.

If it were mine... a factory repair is all I'd accept.
If it blew the rest of the roof off going back to the factory, so be it.
They could then replace that too.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, repair, roo, roof, roof repair