Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2017, 03:15 PM   #1

Camping world roof repair

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1037.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	322.4 KB
ID:	142598Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1034.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	356.3 KB
ID:	142599Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1033.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	142600
This is what I found today when I was getting ready to wash my roof to go camping next weekend this is a 2016 2650ws fifth wheel I bought 2016/06/18 found roof peeling off 2016/07/18 forest river warranted the roof camping world fixed roof I thought it was a poor job to begin with and they told me they had their best man on it so here I am one year later almost with my cap coming off they didn't even hit the wood roof with screws from transition strip and it is popping up two inches of rain can't get anyone from camping world till Monday I just don't know where to go with this it is my first brand new camper and I would really rather not have all these problems and seems like camping world doesn't really care
chedger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:18 PM   #2

That's awful. I wouldn't wash it.. I'd throw a tarp over it and try and seal it down as good as you can. Then Monday AM I'd go in there and let them have it.

Wow. That's just nasty.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:20 PM   #3

It's probably not that hard of a repair if you had the right stuff. I'd be worried about the damage that is likely done to the walls though. They should be accountable to that.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #4

That's way beyond "Bad"! You should forward those pictures to Forest River and see if they'll authorize you to take it somewhere else to be repaired correctly..
PhilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
It's probably not that hard of a repair if you had the right stuff. I'd be worried about the damage that is likely done to the walls though. They should be accountable to that.

Well funny thing is I was getting ready to put eternabond on my roof where they fixed cause I never liked or reall trusted it but now I don't know whether to fix myself or have then do I know it just recently popped up cause I washed it a month ago and noticed cracks in caulk therefore the eterna bond route so I didn't notice any damage inside and hopefully hasn't been opened up long for any long term damage
Old 06-24-2017, 03:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
That's way beyond "Bad"! You should forward those pictures to Forest River and see if they'll authorize you to take it somewhere else to be repaired correctly..

How would I go about contacting someone at Forest River
Old 06-24-2017, 03:47 PM   #7
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilG View Post
X2 - kinda redefines poor workmanship.

kandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedger View Post
Well funny thing is I was getting ready to put eternabond on my roof where they fixed cause I never liked or reall trusted it but now I don't know whether to fix myself or have then do I know it just recently popped up cause I washed it a month ago and noticed cracks in caulk therefore the eterna bond route so I didn't notice any damage inside and hopefully hasn't been opened up long for any long term damage
I'd be surprised if there wasn't any permanent damage. I would agree with everyone else that Forest River should know about it.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:30 PM   #9

I had a similar problem with my wildcat fifth wheel, not quite as bad. I did not take it back to the dealer because it was also camping world. I brought it to giant recreation world because they are an authorized Forest River dealer. They said that they could repair it. They did and I didn't pay a penny.
Old 06-24-2017, 04:55 PM   #10

That is most likely the most terrible roof repair job I have ever seen. Me, I would also throw some type of tarp over the entire unit after taking a lot of photos to send to Forest River. I have had to contact FR only once to get information as to the wall stud spacing so I could attach a ladder to the rear of my TT. They sent me a blue print of the back wall stud spacing and it had two 2x4's turned flat just for attaching a ladder. If I remember correctly they have a "contact us" place on their website.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
That is most likely the most terrible roof repair job I have ever seen. Me, I would also throw some type of tarp over the entire unit after taking a lot of photos to send to Forest River. I have had to contact FR only once to get information as to the wall stud spacing so I could attach a ladder to the rear of my TT. They sent me a blue print of the back wall stud spacing and it had two 2x4's turned flat just for attaching a ladder. If I remember correctly they have a "contact us" place on their website.

I found that and sent them an email was no way to attach a photo so when they return email I will upload photos hopefully
Old 06-24-2017, 05:15 PM   #12

Quote:
I found that and sent them an email was no way to attach a photo so when they return email I will upload photos hopefully

And yes I can stick my whole hand in the gap between roof and nose cone seriously poor job
Old 06-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #13

Typical Camping World repair.
okdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #14

Quote:
How would I go about contacting someone at Forest River
Up on top of the thread there should be a number for your division send them pics to them they have an email address to the warranty dept. I will bet dollars to donuts they will have to repair it at the factory, hate to say but CW is nothing but idiots. I'll attach the contact list that I have it will be a start...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ContactInformation (1) (3) (1) (1) (1).pdf (46.2 KB, 62 views)

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdrifter View Post
Typical Camping World repair.
False blanket statement.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 01:42 PM   #16

I would say that CW probably did the best they could. Roof coming up 1 month into ownership should have been sent back to the factory. Sounds more like a FR build issue than a CW issue. Unfortunately your rigs needs a trip to the factory which FR should have done last year.

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
I would say that CW probably did the best they could. Roof coming up 1 month into ownership should have been sent back to the factory. Sounds more like a FR build issue than a CW issue. Unfortunately your rigs needs a trip to the factory which FR should have done last year.

I don't disagree with your statement but FR did authorize the new roof and CW did repair work now it is worse than it was and the service I have received from CW has been more than warming besides the repair work was poor workmanship like I said though I don't disagree with the fact that when you spend this kind of money on something you should receive a quality product from factory
Old 06-25-2017, 03:52 PM   #18

CW's roof repair look's worse than a poor amateur did it! I'd tarp it well, take pics and send them to Forest River. That's ridiculous for a one year new rv.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Up on top of the thread there should be a number for your division send them pics to them they have an email address to the warranty dept. I will bet dollars to donuts they will have to repair it at the factory, hate to say but CW is nothing but idiots. I'll attach the contact list that I have it will be a start...
I had a roof repair done where the roof meets the front hood and the Factory did an excellent job. Looking at this cock up I would recommenced going back to the factory and get them to through the RV. A friend with the same model had a "local" repair done at same point on roof/hood with the same results and their only recourse was to go back to the factory. Both our 5th wheels were repaired with out charge. The factory Warranty lady was excellent and very accommodating on timing as I couldn't get there for nearly 6 months because I was having knee surgery and would have been outside the warranty period. They went through the RV and pulled out more than a few things that I'd missed. QA is a problem but from all of the feedback Camping World is a bigger one. They did all of the work in hours where the dealer quoted weeks and months before they could do anything.
bruane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 04:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
My advice is, other than covering to protect it as someone already said, DON"T TOUCH IT!

Take it directly to CW and they should own the problem of the roof and any subsequent damage that has been done. If you mess with it they will probably claim you did it and deny liability.

Tags
camping, repair, roo, roof, roof repair