Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 10:00 AM   #1

Cedar Creek 37RDQS-BELLY PANS

We have a 2008 Cedar Creek 37 RDQS. We bought it used, and have had good luck with it. We've had it for 6 or 7 years, and it's been good to us.
BELLY PANS-- I recently had an issue with the plastic factory belly pans. They dropped during traveling, and I had to pull over on the shoulder and make temporary repairs. It was windy on the plains, and quite a bit of insulation ended up god knows where due to the heavy winds. But, two of the belly pans were folded up, disfigured and torn. Temporary fix got me on the road, but I need to make more permanent and proper repairs.
While I've heard of, and understand the use of the Coroplast, I'd rather explore finding the proper pans to replace on this RV. As I remember, the plumbing seamed flush with the bottom of the frame, and the "drop down" of the formed / molded pan seemed to allow for the insulation I ass/u/me. I got a good view of the tank's heating pads while I was under there which was educational for me. The cross seam where the plastic belly pans meet has a 1 x 2 that the fore and aft of each panel are overlapped and screwed into for support.
I spent a few months working in Chicago area, arriving just after Christmas, and was there for the end of Decembe, January, and February. It was negative 5 degrees for the first couple of weeks, and mostly in the single digits the rest of the time. This trailer didn't freeze up. We were prepared to go to a motel if we had too, but did not have to explore that option any further. Quite proud of how the trailer handled that cold of temperatures. Even though it took 2 - 100# bottles a week. This is one reason I want to get it back to very good condition. In the work I do, when they call, I haul, and go to the job at hand. I don't plan to be in that type of cold situation again, but didn't have it in my plans to begin with either.
If anyone can help turn me on as to where I may be able to purchase these, it would be very much appreciated.
I do most of my own repairs, as we live in this trailer and can't take it to a dealer to set for weeks waiting on repairs.
Slingbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 10:10 AM   #2

Contact the Factory in Topeka, Indiana
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cedar creek