Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2017, 12:44 PM   #1

Changing rv steps

Hello all, I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with. I have a forest river 16bhs and we find that the single step is often to high. So I was thinking of swapping for a double step. Here's my issue. Right now there is a flexco SMFP-1100 on there. It's exactly 25" wide. The supports that come down are welded and part of the rv frame. And the steps are bolted on thru the sides. (See pic for better idea). The flexco 24" double step says that its 26 1/8" wide. So I know there's no way that can fit. Are there any other double steps that are exactly 25" wide so it will fit in the opening? Or are all doubles wider? Thanks in advance for the help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170826_134018.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	149692
Mammoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
Hello all, I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with. I have a forest river 16bhs and we find that the single step is often to high. So I was thinking of swapping for a double step. Here's my issue. Right now there is a flexco SMFP-1100 on there. It's exactly 25" wide. The supports that come down are welded and part of the rv frame. And the steps are bolted on thru the sides. (See pic for better idea). The flexco 24" double step says that its 26 1/8" wide. So I know there's no way that can fit. Are there any other double steps that are exactly 25" wide so it will fit in the opening? Or are all doubles wider? Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachment 149692
Remove/unbolt the 2 vertical support plates and place them on the "Other side" space/shim as Necessary! Youroo!!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:41 PM   #3

Our unit had a 3-step, I found a 4-step on e-Bay that was taken off a another trailer. Bought it cheap.
They were a little wider also. I cut the lip off of the top so it would bolt to the outside of the angle brace.
MarkyB is offline   Reply With Quote