Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Bill_C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"If i go to your campsite to replace a microwave, and drop it on my foot and break my foot, worker's comp will not cover it."
===================================
windrider, lets keep it real. That statement is pure bs, and you know it.
If that were the case, then the people that do repairs to your house, or the millions of other people who work on other peoples' property would not be covered either.

And the OP already said that his dealership did mobile repairs.
All depends on what coverage the dealer has on his employees. All agreed upon with Workmens Comp when signing up with them.

I have to ask though. Why the attack on Windrider? This is the way it works at his place of employment. I am sure you would appreciate it when you give an opinion and someone says you are full of **it. Not all opinions cover all situations. It may cover 25%. Use your own discretion where to apply them and do they apply to you or not.

Just what would it hurt to say nothing and show a little respect for a fellow human being?
__________________

__________________
DRINK COFFEE--do stupid things faster and with more energy ! Rockwood 5th wheel, Signature Untralite, 8244S
Tow Vehicle: Ram 3500 6.4 litre Hemi.
Bill_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #32
05 Chev Duramax
 
199ciofpurefun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 10
Your problems are not yours alone

Look up "Thinking of buying Wildwood Sport 32SRV. Have questions" on this sight and it will give you some of the experience that we have had with Forest River. My last post was a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't heard from the dealer or FR. They've only had it a month this time! Why should I worry?
__________________

__________________
J, Shelley, Marquis, Monique and Mystique
05 Duramax 1-ton
11 Wildwood 32SRV (until???)
11 Streetglide 12 Heritage[/SIGPIC] Softail
199ciofpurefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Maple Ridge, BC, Canada
Posts: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post
All depends on what coverage the dealer has on his employees. All agreed upon with Workmens Comp when signing up with them.

I have to ask though. Why the attack on Windrider? This is the way it works at his place of employment. I am sure you would appreciate it when you give an opinion and someone says you are full of **it. Not all opinions cover all situations. It may cover 25%. Use your own discretion where to apply them and do they apply to you or not.

Just what would it hurt to say nothing and show a little respect for a fellow human being?
X2 - one is not required to agree 100% with other's posts/comments but being confrontational is not needed.

...VTX-AL
__________________
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
trudinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by 199ciofpurefun View Post
Look up "Thinking of buying Wildwood Sport 32SRV. Have questions" on this sight and it will give you some of the experience that we have had with Forest River. My last post was a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't heard from the dealer or FR. They've only had it a month this time! Why should I worry?
I read your entire original post. Your problems started with an act of mother nature and were grossly exacerbated by an inept, unethical dealership. After the first misstep by your dealer, I would have been on the phone to Forest River. You've been more than gracious through this thing, but are you putting the blame on the correct party, i.e. Forest River, when most of the blame should be put on your dealer? How do you know it was a manufacturing defect? Because your unscrupulous dealer said it was? Get on the phone and talk to someone at Forest River. Is there a lemon law in your state? And does it apply to rv's? The squeaky wheel always gets the grease. Keep hounding them until you get the answer YOU are satisfied with. And by all means, do not go back to that dealer again. Care to share their name so the rest of us steer clear of them?
__________________
2012 Rockwood 8293RKSS
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins Turbodiesel 4x4; 2012 Ford Escape 4x4. 3 very pampered cats.
Days camped: 2011: 61; 2012: 66 Days; 2013: 69;2014: 68 2015: 90 Days camped 2016: 34
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #35
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_C View Post
All depends on what coverage the dealer has on his employees. All agreed upon with Workmens Comp when signing up with them.

I have to ask though. Why the attack on Windrider? This is the way it works at his place of employment. I am sure you would appreciate it when you give an opinion and someone says you are full of **it. Not all opinions cover all situations. It may cover 25%. Use your own discretion where to apply them and do they apply to you or not.

Just what would it hurt to say nothing and show a little respect for a fellow human being?
Well said, Bill. HUGE
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #36
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by crocus View Post
"If i go to your campsite to replace a microwave, and drop it on my foot and break my foot, worker's comp will not cover it."
===================================
windrider, lets keep it real. That statement is pure bs, and you know it.
If that were the case, then the people that do repairs to your house, or the millions of other people who work on other peoples' property would not be covered either.

And the OP already said that his dealership did mobile repairs.
I do have to add that (in my experience and regardless of insurance company) NO ONE wants to pay for a claim if they can shift the burden to someone else. If a worker gets injured on someone else's property, get ready for the "mother-of-all It ain't me, Babe" arguments.

A perfect example just happened to me. I was towing a friends auto carrier with my brother's John Deere on it up to my brother's farm. Due to (well just say it) gross misjudgement, on my part, while backing to let a giant water tank truck make his turn, I backed into a guy (who was reading his paper or something if he could not see what was happening!) and broke some front end plastic with the ramps on the car hauler.

Totally my fault (I did say that right) but my AWESOME insurance company tried to get my friend's car insurance to pay for the damage since it was HIS insured trailer that actually contacted the other guy's car. To say I was FURIOUS would be the understatement of the decade. Here was a guy who loaned my his trailer and my insurance company wanted HIM to pay for MY accident. This is STILL undecided as I write and it has been over a month since the mishap.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #37
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
I've found Forest river and my dealer to be not so great. 2 days after purchase (on the road home) my main window molding popped off and could not be replaced.
The awnign clip was missing a spring so it was not usable and need replacement. Work was done by a Forest river dealer in Maine and I cannot get Forest river to reimburse me for the parts I had to pay out of pocket.
The main entry door deadbolt calved and I took the trailer to a Forset River dealer and they refused to carry out warranty work unless I paid for it up front and then submitted the receipts for reimbursement second.
I did that and now Forest River wants the door handle which the dealer threw out back before reimbursement
I also have a camber issue where all 4 tires are worn on the ourside and the dealer wants me to return to Ohio or send the axles back for their inspection.
This will be the second Forest River product I'll purchase - the first and the last.
Sorry about your loss but it seems that this company is standing behind making money but not much else.
Hey - my dad used that line years ago but in regards to buying someone dinner.

Hope all works out for you.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:35 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,347
In times of economic trouble a couple of statements come to mind.
"There are two levers to set a man in motion, fear and self interest"
Napoleon Bonaparte 1769-1821 French General and Emperor
and
"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
Warren Buffett 1930 American Investment Entrepreneur

and of all the comments goof ole (sorry good ole) Geroge W. said - this one actually makes some sense...

"At this moment, America's highest economic need is higher ethical standards - standards enforced by strict laws and upheld by responsible business leaders"

If you paid an extra special price for a product which carried a warranty in the event of unforseable misfortune due to someone on the assembly lines fault or failure of a part provided by the lowest bidder then that business leader should honour that warranty.

If someone built an item which failed to meet performance objectives within 1500 miles or better still a month of ownership then the product warranty should stand for its face value and repair or replace that misfortune.
Keeping the consumer who showed up on your doorstep satisfied (within the confines of the warranty when deemed to be something covered under time and product performance or failure thereof) makes not only good business sense but it keeps people coming back.

No business or brand has a better reputation than repeat consumers providing them longevity in a tough and about to get tougher market place.

Then again no business has a worse reputation than refusing to honour coverage for something listed under their warranties and using any excuse for doing so.

Free advertisement is not always a great service especially with todays social networks being so easy that a 5 yr old can and does use them with ease to get their message across the globe with the click of a mouse..
__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Boyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iron River, MI
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
In times of economic trouble a couple of statements come to mind.
"There are two levers to set a man in motion, fear and self interest"
Napoleon Bonaparte 1769-1821 French General and Emperor
and
"Price is what you pay. Value is what you get."
Warren Buffett 1930 American Investment Entrepreneur

and of all the comments goof ole (sorry good ole) Geroge W. said - this one actually makes some sense...

"At this moment, America's highest economic need is higher ethical standards - standards enforced by strict laws and upheld by responsible business leaders"

If you paid an extra special price for a product which carried a warranty in the event of unforseable misfortune due to someone on the assembly lines fault or failure of a part provided by the lowest bidder then that business leader should honour that warranty.

If someone built an item which failed to meet performance objectives within 1500 miles or better still a month of ownership then the product warranty should stand for its face value and repair or replace that misfortune.
Keeping the consumer who showed up on your doorstep satisfied (within the confines of the warranty when deemed to be something covered under time and product performance or failure thereof) makes not only good business sense but it keeps people coming back.

No business or brand has a better reputation than repeat consumers providing them longevity in a tough and about to get tougher market place.

Then again no business has a worse reputation than refusing to honour coverage for something listed under their warranties and using any excuse for doing so.

Free advertisement is not always a great service especially with todays social networks being so easy that a 5 yr old can and does use them with ease to get their message across the globe with the click of a mouse..
X2
__________________
"If everything seems to be going well, look around, you've obviously overlooked something."
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
MilCop4523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: In a big child free home - except for me
Posts: 1,347
They say History repeats itself... and it doesn't need to be our history either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	quote.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	9863  
__________________

__________________
09 Sundance 31.5 XLT Bunkhouse
17 Greywolf 22rr Toy Hauler
and
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.