Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2018, 09:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohawks View Post
I get what your saying about blanket statements but when Op posted caulking the sides I had the same thought as cavie. What about geocel pro flex. It's a bit pricey but sticks to itself.

https://www.geocelusa.com/product/pr...xible-sealant/
That is a very good sealer, I have used the white on a 5th wheel. Problem to me in MY OPINION, it was very hard to remove, when needed to reseal, I have always removed mine and resealed, so sticking is really a non starter, also I would never want to paint it, another non starter. I have used Silicone before which is both easy clean up and removable. Why would I want to use something the factory didn't recommend? As I stated there are a lot of sealers out there and it's up to the person to choose what is best for them. But I know you didn't, BUT PLEASE DO NOT SAY NO MANUFACTOR USES IT. That was my point only, even supplied pictures of there recommended sealer. And yes that is a very good caulk/sealer, but hard to work with, IMO....[emoji106]

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:31 AM   #22

Yeah I’ve been using silicone for over 12 years on everything but the roof and just roll my eyes when the silicone bashing starts up.
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:18 AM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsvillehokie View Post
Yeah I’ve been using silicone for over 12 years on everything but the roof and just roll my eyes when the silicone bashing starts up.
First post in almost 10 years as a FRF member?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #24

Yep
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #25

There are silicone sealers and then there are silicone sealers. You can lay a bead of some across material similar to RV siding, let it dry, then rub it with your hand and it starts to rub off the surface. Take another brand, do the same, and it sticks like a weld. You just have to make sure which you are using and what you what you want it to do.

I like the Geocel because of all the flexing that occurs in the RV's joints and I want a flexible sealer I dont have to replace annually.

I also want a dealer that doesnt grow mildew. For those features I'm willing to pay extra.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof, seal