Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2017, 07:38 AM   #1

Cover for Roof

It won't be long before we will winterize our 2016 3011DS Forester Class C RV. We are looking for a cover for just the roof of the RV that will protect it from the weather and hold up to winds. We don't feel we need a cover for the entire RV. Just want to protect the roof through the winter since it gets the most exposure. Was wondering if anyone out there can recommend one that secures well and doesn't tear easily. A website where to find it would be helpful too.
Thank you.
JerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #2

I use a full cover on my 3010DS, but I know that ADCO makes a roof cover. If you want to check it out, this link should take you to their page for this cover:
http://www.adcoprod.com/Roof-top-covers
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:46 AM   #3

Location: Minnesota ( wishing we were boondocking in the New York Catskills )
Vortex Camper Cover

We have been using one of these for a couple years, has survived two Minnesota Winters just fine.

Do an eBay search on "Vortex RV Cover"

Got a hunch, when these are gone they are gone, don't think the vendor was driving enough sales to continue the product.

Jeff and Abby
Fur Babies - Xandra Sophia (GSD) and Neo (Min-Pin Mutt who thinks he is a cat)
2015 Tracer Air 235 (previous 1994 Veri-Lite 1130 TC)
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab - 360 - 46RE (Built)
Jeff_and_Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:21 PM   #4

Wow! You read my mind! I had the same question. I have battled putting on a full cover for 2 seasons and I'm tired of it. I was going to see about just getting a good AC cover but a roof cover would be great. I like the Adco link above. Let me know what you decide to go with.
LLMRPh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:26 AM   #5

I haven't bought the cover yet. Our RV is still in the shop having repairs done as a result of roof leaks. (Long story) However, I am leaning towards getting a roof cover from ADCO. We were at Camping World about a month ago and they had a display of what the material is like which I liked. It gets pretty windy here in North Carolina where we live so I hope it holds up.
JerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #6

Started out with a full cover that only lasted 1 1/2 years. Got a replacement under warranty, and sold it.
Went online and googled up tarps, and a whole bunch of sites came up.
Ordered a 30 ft long X 12 foot wide heavy duty tarp, white on one side and silver on other.
Mounted some stainless steel threaded eye bolts around the lower edge of our Lexington 28 ft class c for tie downs.
Tarp only weighs around 18 lbs, and rolls up very easily.
Now we just bring up the tarp and simply unroll it out from front to back. Takes all of 10 minutes, and then I simply tie it down to the eyebolts using a "truckers knot".
Going on 4 years now using the same tarp. Covers the entire roof front to back, and overhangs each side about 1 1/2 feet.
And, tarp cost was a fraction of what a cover costs. Company/website was My Tarp.com, and the price for what I got, now, is $80.95. Heavy duty silver/white tarp.
Grumpy

2012 Forrest River Lexington 283ts
Toad, 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #7

Grumpy,
I’m curious about you eye hook installation. How did you install them? Can you provide any pics? Thanks.
MHP80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 05:16 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHP80 View Post
Grumpy,
I’m curious about you eye hook installation. How did you install them? Can you provide any pics? Thanks.
I'll get some pics up later today. But basically I got a dozen 1/4 x 20 threaded stainless steel eye hooks, from Lowes. The threaded shank is only about 1 inch long. I simply drilled 1/4 inch holes thru the very bottom of the coach skirt, 6 per side, about 3 feet apart, where it rolls under, and mounted the eye hooks using some stainless steel washers and nylock nuts.
Have 6 per side. front and back of the Lexi have the mirrors, ladder, and hitch that I use for tiedowns there.
When not in use, there bearly noticible, and we use the eyes on the right side to attach our two dog's leashes when we're sitting under the awning.
Grumpy

Old 11-02-2017, 11:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHP80 View Post
Grumpy,
Here you go.
Grumpy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5980.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	155472   Click image for larger version

Name:	5981.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	155473   Click image for larger version

Name:	5983.jpeg
Views:	77
Size:	255.8 KB
ID:	155474  

Old 11-02-2017, 10:18 PM   #10

That would work great for us. Didn’t realize you went so low. Going to ya e to come up with an anchor or a mean to reinforce around out 2604 shirt. I like the idea of it doubling as a dog anchor. That will be helpful.
MHP80 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, roo, roof