Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2017, 04:43 PM   #1
Out of Order

Cracks in ceiling...

2016 Wildcat Maxx 24RG TT. I have noticed two small, hairline cracks forming in the ceiling of the front bedroom. The ceiling is made of a vinyl material and the cracks appear to be from external pressure coming from the roof because they will push back together if I apply upward pressure from the bedroom. I walk on the roof regularly to remove debris and to sweep the slide out before bringing it back in after camping or cleaning at the house (I'm able to keep the TT in the rear yard at home). The TT has a ladder for roof access and the dealer said the roof could support several people, although I'd never attempt it. I have been the only one on the roof in the past year.

I have noticed some "soft" spots when walking on the roof. What I mean by this is that I can feel some give underfoot in a couple of spots where the rest of the roof is solid. I'm not sure if the soft spots correspond with the interior cracks but the roof looks fine with no cracking.

Are the ceilings in these things prone to cracking from travel movement or do you think walking on the roof is causing them...or neither? What should/can I do for repair?

Thank you!
todtc318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crack