Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #1

Cracks in skylite

Noticed a leak in the bathroom, so since I'm planning to camp this weekend I decided to look up top and found a crack around the base of the skylite. I called the dealer to make sure it covered and find out if it's ok to put silicone on it. He seemed to think he'd have trouble convincing FR that it's covered. I went to seal it and upon closer inspection, several screws have cracks around them. Anyone else have problems with that?
Old 11-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #2
Dallas Texas

I've had cracks due to hail damage and did a temp fix with Dicor. Silicaon would work but probably not for long. Eventually bought a new skylight and tinted it before installing.

If the cracks are originating from the screw the dealer should be able to photograph them and send it to FR. That should be enough evidence of workmanship defect.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #3

Well looks like FR is going to pony up. It also looks like my claim initiated a recall. Dealer says mine was about the 20th with the same problem and the he had four on the lot that fell within the recall that he was going to repair before active leaks apear!