Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #21

Update: Originally reported back in Aug. 2010 No Issues.

2010 Rockwood 2607 Ultra Lite
3 Years Old
3 Years Old

Left Side Totally Replaced due to Water Penetration from Fridge Drain Hose.
Hose was left inside outside fridge compartment.
Not knowing any better left it that way then started to see bubbles in siding directly below access cover.

Contacted Forest River Warranty Dept who advised to bring the trailer to them
for total replacement of wall. To repair the area would be far worse then having the entire wall replaced.

Warranty Department Rocks as I only had to pay for transporation.
Repairs made look just as if the trailer came out of showroom. Very Very Happy.

Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #22

That is excellent service. The more I hear about Forest River fixing stuff the more I am impressed. The biggest let down are the dealers (some) who just don't want to bother!

2011 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8280ws
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Diesel
http://www.algarvevillaforrent.com
Nigels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #23

I had both sides and roof replaced in Aug 2010 due to delamination. So far zero evidence of any further water leakage. I had an issue at the time with Forest River, but to be honest I over reacted and in final analysis they went beyond expectation to address my problem.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:18 PM   #24
Grape Escape

2008 Cardinal
5yrs no problems other than storage compartment doors bulging due to water trapped between frame and panel due to the fact no drain holes were ever drilled in the bottom edge. No one would ever notice unless I pointed it out
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #25
WJC

I have a 2010 primetime tracer 3000bhs, I have a basketball size delam above front right running light! I noticed it about four months after the one year warranty ran out, contacted primetime and was told its out of warranty and they would do nothing about it! To have it repaired about $2000.00
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #26

Hmmm...when I had my delam issue the Forest River warranty was for 2 years. I remember because I bought the unit in late June 2008 and the repair was approved early June 2010 just under the wire. They must have cut it back a year.

In my opinion having just one year warranty is ridiculous. That is hardly enough time for the delam to appear.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #27
WJC

Tried for second year warranty, they did not offer it for primetime trailers! What drives me crazy is this came from factory with the problem! It looked like excessive caulk weeping out of front molding, I asked primetime if this was normal, and should I recaulk seams, I was told no this was normal but I could trim caulk or butyl rubber, I did and found a gap between my front and sides which was covered by the caulk, this is where the delam is!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	21915   Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	21916  
WJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #28

That really stinks!! You know, now that I think about it, I am not sure whether the 2 years was standard or whether it was extended because of factory issues. If I recall correctly, they had a recall on the glue that was used at the factory during a certain production period to bond the skin to the plywood, or something like that. When mine happened there were several other posts on this forum on the issue and that is what lead me to seek factory replacement.

I have no proof, but I believe mine came from the factory with a defect that caused my issue too. The first place I detected water leakage was around the skylight in the bathroom. I took it in for repair and was advised that the skylight had been over-torqued and seal around thew window had been compromised. If not for the glue issue mentioned above I would have had to pay for my repair too.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #29

Surveyor 235

Bought new June of 2008

Delam evident around spring of 2011 on rear bedroom slide.

Returned to dealer for repair, cost was going to be split between us.

Forest River saw the damage and decided to cover full cost of repair, (that's what I was told) poor sealing from the factory.

No problems since, my trailer has always been indoors during the snowy winter months (nov. to may) since new and it still took a couple years to appear.

Did have a small issue around fridge start to develop but was caught when a few bubbles the size of a thumb nail became evident (poor caulking around some mounting screws for the fridge). Dealer repaired under warranty.

Have had to "touch up" the self leveling the roof caulking a couple times over the last five years - beware or roof leaks!

happy camping,

shineysideup
Old 12-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #30

2008 Cardinal purchased new 2007. No delam, but I have stayed on top of the caulking issues. First I put Eternabond on both ends on the roof just for insurance.

There was evidence of movement on the front section over the hitch. I removed the bottom cover, installed several lag screws to pervent movement and reinstalled the sheet of fiberglass. I have also removed the corner pieces in the same area and installed new caulking.

The corner trim that is used on all RVs has butyl tape on the side with the screws and nothing on the other side except for the caulking bead on the edge that you can see. I removed these and used caulking on the inside before reinstalling.

The same is true for the trim that holds the rubber roof on. There is no sealant under the trim piece, only the caulking that you can see. I have removed them and put sealer under the trim before reinstalling.

If you see an area where the caulking is "moving" you need to get on it quick. It takes a lot of close inspecting and maintenance to prevent delamination.