Old 08-18-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Georgetown 350ts, almost

Unhappy Disheartened w/a bad roof

Wondering if anyone has ever had any roof damage or leakage? Just purchased a 2011 Georgetown 350ts BH. Love it, but we had possession of it for a little over a month and noticed a smell. As the smell got stronger finally tracked it down to the bathroom. We then found major water damage. Ugh. Went on the roof and just in front of the vent the roof is very mushy. Like scared to step there for fear of putting my foot through the roof. It is now back at the dealer, but we have heard nothing yet. Has anyone out there experienced this? This is so disheartening thinking of the damage that is visible and what lays beyond that we can not see. We took a section of the ceiling padding off and the damage in that area was extensive. And the mold, ugh the mold. You wouldn't think a 4 year old RV would have such a problem. :-(

Old 08-18-2015, 09:32 AM   #2

that is exactly the type of problem any 4 year old RV might have...
on new RV's there are warning labels to check roof sealing every 3 months... and you think that is an exaggeration?

did you buy private or from a dealer? If from a dealer I would think they would sell a MH with a good roof.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
Site Team

Than amount of damage did not occur in a month. If you bought it from a dealer, I would definitely call them. Although you did buy a used unit, they should disclose anything that obvious.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #4
Georgetown 350ts, almost

Thanks for the reply...

We bought from a dealer and it is back there. They have had it for 2 weeks and we can get no information from them. We were given the whole speech about their pre- buy inspection and how everything was sound. We specifically asked about the roof and the seals and were told everything, especially the seals were in great shape and we "the dealer" would never sell anything sub-par as our name is on it. I'm just hoping they will make it right or at least work with us.

We shall see...
Old 08-18-2015, 10:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jods1 View Post
Thanks for the reply...

We bought from a dealer and it is back there. They have had it for 2 weeks and we can get no information from them. We were given the whole speech about their pre- buy inspection and how everything was sound. We specifically asked about the roof and the seals and were told everything, especially the seals were in great shape and we "the dealer" would never sell anything sub-par as our name is on it. I'm just hoping they will make it right or at least work with us.

We shall see...
Hope they make it right and they sound so much like all dealers promising you the moon to get you to sign. 2 weeks is a long time with no response on the issue from a dealer you just bought it from. Are they even looking at it yet. I'd be up there in person getting answers. Good luck with it. Insurance will pay for water damage also.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:24 AM   #6
Georgetown 350ts, almost

Thanks for the reply Flybob

Yes, I can only imagine how long there was an issue before it became "our" issue. The service manager agreed that this had to have been leaking while on the lot. That was when we dropped if off and 2 weeks later we can not get any information from them. Just aggravated as we have only had it a month and a half.
Old 08-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #7

Stop by in person your MH isn't a hostage and you deserve an evaluation from them because they have had plenty of time to look it over. You don't have to be angry with them, but help nudge them along.
I think they forgot their pre-buy inspection and its coming back to bite them in the back side.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #8
Georgetown 350ts, almost

Thanks Mud yapster...

Yes I agree, plenty of time. We were just saying we need to just stop in. It's over an hour for us to get there, but calling and leaving messages is not working. I'm with you on a gentle nudge.

Thanks all...
Old 08-18-2015, 11:17 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

In a nice way, you can mention that you were on the FRF and were discussing your problem on the forum. This should be taken care of in full by that dealer. If not, you can always voice your opinion here, where it is seen by 1000's. They sold you something that had an evident problem and should have been caught by their service dept.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:11 PM   #10
Georgetown 350ts, almost

Thats a good idea AquaMan.

Hope it does not come to it, but social media is a powerful thing and we surely will use it, in all of its forms, if we have to. We specifically asked about the roof and all seals. Even suggested going up and personally looking. We were told by the service man the roof is iron clad and all the seals are perfect. Evidently not.

Tags
roo, roof