Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2017, 01:58 PM   #1

Eternabond questions???

When applying Eternabond over seams did any of you pencil a straight line to follow for a guide? What about when cutting long lengths, did you cut a little extra and trim just before last of tape was peeled off? Did you roll Eternabond with roller as it was placed or after you had finished laying it completely?
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:14 PM   #2
World Wide Wanderer

Popped a chalk line on the roof, usually use orange it fades quickly, blue would be my second choice. Red chalk is a no-no, stains and will be there forever. I roll mine as I go, it stretches a bit.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 02:32 PM   #3

I have also seen on some post on the internet that some people put dicor sealant around the edges and joints of Eternabond, I like this idea but does it cause water to puddle even more on the roof? Have also read that the edges of the Eternabond stays sticky causing dirt / debris to stick?
Old 05-28-2017, 02:43 PM   #4

I did about a foot at a time, no lines, just add a few inches and trim at the end.
PhilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:26 PM   #5

I marked the edge of where I want the Enternabond using blue painting masking tape. I actually put the Eternabond about 1/4" inside the tape. Tape comes off easy. Chalk line sounds like a good idea. After laying down a strip of Eternabond, I use the roller. I laid out about 6 feet at a time overlapping the ends. I think I could have went longer. I do use the Dicor especially on the front side due to wind when travelling 60 mph in case it wants to loosen up.
Although never had that problem. A little dirt does accumulate on the Eternabond causing it to discolor. But no one climbs up to look at it.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:35 PM   #6

I like the idea of the masking tape txredfish, I am going to be painting on eternaprime, so that would help for a line and keep eternaprime where it is needed only.

Tags
eternabond