Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #1

Eternabond tape vs front cap

I have a 30 ft Puma with an issue on the right side (facing forward) on the front cap. It seem it has risen up enough in the right corner to create about a 1/4 inch x 2 inch long gap on the side above the gutter. I sealed it with Dicor lap sealant. I plan to re-enforce it with about a 5-6 inch length of eternabond tape but am wondering if the "sticking power" is strong enough to resist the wind flow over the cap when towing at 60+ mph. Any advice.
I checked that corner of the cap and it seems stable but I don't know what caused it to spring up.

fvstringpicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #2
Plain Old Member

If done properly, no doubt the Eternabond will stick, and never be affected by any wind. The surface has to be very clean. I believe you clean the surface with acetone first. Eternabond is great stuff, just make sure you have it where you want it the first time since it doesn't like to let go once it's stuck. An alternative option to go over the area, is Liquid Roof. Good stuff.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:08 PM   #3

Several FRF Members have placed Eternalbond at the joint of the front cap and the roof! With good results after highway speeds! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eternabond