Old 09-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #1

Eternabond vs Apoc Incredible

Does anyone have any experience with Apoc Incredible tape? According to the Apoc website, it looks to have almost exactly the same specs as Eternabond. The installation instructions are virtually identical. But ................ does anyone have any real world experience with it?

I have tried several of the retailers the Eternabond website directs me to for my city/state and ALL of them no longer carry Eternabond. Several carry this Incredible tape instead. It is about 25% cheaper and the retailers claim it is "just as good".

https://www.apoc.com/products/roof-t...poc-white-tape

Also, disappointed that Camping World does not carry Eternabond, either, at least not on their website. Haven't make a trek to an actual store yet.

I could order off the internet but I would like to beat the rain that is forecast for this weekend and get some maintenance done while everything is still nice and dried out .... once the rainy season starts in western Oregon nothing dries out for months. (I know, I know ..... I procrastinated too long and now I regret it.)

Old 09-27-2016, 01:07 PM   #2

order eternabond from amazon and use their two day or overnight service...
eternabond works and has many people with experience with it... have never seen a lot of negatives with Eternabond IF any...

Amazon also has the best selections of widths and lengths to fit your needs...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 SLT Crew Cab HEMI 3.21 8 Spd 4X4
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #3

Went ahead and got a roll of the Incredible tape so that I could take care of a few spots that are looking dicey - - the front and rear cap to roof transitions and a bathroom skylight - - before the next rain.

Also decided to just bite the bullet and re-do the entire roof, so I also ordered a roll of Eternabond from the web. Should be here in 5-7 days. After it arrives I'll report back on my opinion (FWIW) of one vs the other. I have to say, though, that the Incredible tape looks and feels and seems to be identical to Eternabond. There isn't a gnats behinds worth of difference in the specs to make a difference. And a 4"x50' roll of Incredible was only $55 (US) while the one place I located Eternabond (a local RV dealer parts store) wanted $76 for a 4"x37' roll.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tape specs.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	238.1 KB
ID:	121504  
Old 09-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #4
Head Rambler

EternaBond has private labeled their product to a couple different companies, and that's most likely what's happened here. It's EternaBond under a private label.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:21 PM   #5

The Eternabond arrived much quicker than expected. Have used both tapes now and my only observations are that the Incredible tape seems (to me) to be a little stickier than the Eternabond and perhaps just a tad stiffer. I had more trouble keeping bubbles and wrinkles out of the Eternabond than I did with the Incredible tape. Once applied, I cannot tell one from the other.

Will have to wait and see if there is any difference in performance. Maybe by spring some difference will show up.
Old 09-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #6

Eternabond on three trailers

I have used it on three trailers and have had no leaks. I also put strip down my awning to cover is when it is closed so the sun does not beat on it. Never had any leaks. Every seam is covered with it. I think I used 3 rolls of 50 ft by 6 inches to cover it all. I put it on the recent trailer I have last year. I will do anything to avoid water intrusion.
We are driving a Dodge Durango and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have two Cairn Terriers. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dogs are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #7

Eternabond

I just paid $54.00 plus $4.50 shipping for a 4" x 50 ft roll and got it in two days from Mobile Home Solutions out of Ballston Spa NY
Old 09-30-2016, 01:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastan View Post
Went ahead and got a roll of the Incredible tape so that I could take care of a few spots that are looking dicey - - the front and rear cap to roof transitions and a bathroom skylight - - before the next rain.

Also decided to just bite the bullet and re-do the entire roof, so I also ordered a roll of Eternabond from the web. Should be here in 5-7 days. After it arrives I'll report back on my opinion (FWIW) of one vs the other. I have to say, though, that the Incredible tape looks and feels and seems to be identical to Eternabond. There isn't a gnats behinds worth of difference in the specs to make a difference. And a 4"x50' roll of Incredible was only $55 (US) while the one place I located Eternabond (a local RV dealer parts store) wanted $76 for a 4"x37' roll.
Thanks for the specs - guess I'd better use up the 2" x 50' roll I bought for a single roof vent in 2013!

www.restcure.ca

illegitimi non carborundum
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eternabond