Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #1

Fantastic Vent Install

I am going to install a Fantastic Vent md 7250 in our Flagstaff 8528RKWS 5th wheel into the existing vent opening above the master bed and using the existing LED light fixture for power. Has anyone had any experience with this that can let me know what issues you faced once you got into it? One question I have is weather or not the light has heat all the time or only when supplied by the wall switch. Sometimes lights are wired with power to the light and then switched back to the switch. Any answers or suggestions would be appreciated.
tahoe1840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe1840 View Post
I am going to install a Fantastic Vent md 7250 in our Flagstaff 8528RKWS 5th wheel into the existing vent opening above the master bed and using the existing LED light fixture for power. Has anyone had any experience with this that can let me know what issues you faced once you got into it? One question I have is weather or not the light has heat all the time or only when supplied by the wall switch. Sometimes lights are wired with power to the light and then switched back to the switch. Any answers or suggestions would be appreciated.
I did this on my sabre, pretty straight forward.
Heat gun.
"Plastic" putty knife.
3 tubes of dicor self leveling caulk.
Square drive bit and driver.

I also ran from the nearby light and it was only hot with switch "yrmv"
Around an hour or to to replace.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:55 PM   #3

F1100tubo, thanks, It looks straight forward from the outside but you know how it goes you get into it and its a headache but you can't stop, LOL!!
tahoe1840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe1840 View Post
F1100tubo, thanks, It looks straight forward from the outside but you know how it goes you get into it and its a headache but you can't stop, LOL!!
I gave myself plenty of time and realized it came apart and went back together very quickly.

Take your time with the heat gun and plastic putty knife but that should go smoothly as well.

As stated 3 tube s of dicor self leveling caulk I used every ounce of 2 tubes im glad I didn't need the third but you may.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, vent