Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2010, 03:14 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to jerr7
Smile Few questions on Seals in my roo23ss

First i like to thank Milzat for the info on my awning last week about adjusting the arms by adjusting the holes worked like charm, thanks again.
Now i have few questions before i have any major troubles.Around the front bunk i noticed the seal around the edge is loose on one end.Is ther any particular adhesive to use to adhere the rubber seal.
I have some mildew on the top of my bunkinside like a stain is there safe product to use i fig i use solution of water and clorox diluted to remove.On the top ( vnyle) i will use some cleaner.Last but not least the roof i beleive on the roo23ss is a material they call Vnylelux? i thought was supposed to be rubber, anyone have clarification on exactly what it is lol.I tried to call Forest River with no luck noone seems to be home at there plant they dont answer .I want to clean but dont want to ruin it with wrong type cleaner.Any input would be appreciated.My weeks vac was great only 1 day was bad all rerst was hot lol. Thank god for A/C/This summer has been great for alot Rvers with the weather at least here been outstanding although hot.
Thanks jerry
https://community.webshots.com/user/j...host=community
jerr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:07 PM   #2

Bump....Anybody? anybody?
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:50 AM   #3
Site Team

you need to email Gregg Rollins at FR. he's the warranty person for Roo/Shamrock. he should be able to get you to the right tech person to answer your adhesive question.
is yours still under warranty?
i had a slide seal come loose and the local dealer fixed it under warranty.
pictures of your problem areas would help a lot.
not sure where your mildew is but a mixture of bleach and water should do the trick. or a mildew product.
as far as i know, the roof is a rubber roof and my Roo had instructions to use Murphy's Soap for cleaning. and it wasn't called "Vnylelux".

you should have cleaning instructions with the paperwork that came with the manual. it should be with the 12 year roof material warranty.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23ss