Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2018, 04:22 PM   #1

fiberglass front cap

the cap on my surveyor, pilot, is sealed at the roof and the sides of the trailer. However, it does not seal at the bottom where it meets a metal piece of the frame. I can get my fingers in and can feel the trailer floor a couple of inches above. Shouldn't it be sealed there too?
phfkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 03:46 PM   #2
Jayhawker

I would make sure it is sealed to keep out those unwanted critters. Wasps, mice, birds making nests, and water (from road spray).
Jayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:38 PM   #3
Plano, TX

My 2016 Solaire was sold to me as "100% gel coat exterior" and I've been trying to find a product to help maintain the gel coat as it starting to oxidize a bit. The front cap however, looks really bad. Of course it started just a couple months after the warranty (not that they would fix it anyway). Looking at the difference between the front cap and the sides, I think the front cap isn't even fiberglass. I believe it's some sort of plastic, maybe ABS, but that it's simply painted and not gel coat. It gets bug guts on it and after washing regularly and even waxing, it still looks terrible. A freakin $40k TT and looking terrible after 3 years with great maintenance...
Ale_Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass