Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2015, 09:45 PM   #1

Floor/Wall squeak

I need some help figuring out how to resolve a major squeak. It occurs every time the house rolls while in motion. It is by my left foot. There is about a 1/4 of movement when the floor floats against the wall when there is roll with a turn. It sounds like a staple scraping against the wall.

I looked into sliding something thin between the wall and floor to see if I could catch a loose staple but it's too tight. Any ideas? It drives me nuts! Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1436064166.235796.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	82079
bbrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 10:12 PM   #2

Floor/Wall squeak

Couple missing points. I have a 2008 Georgetown 350ts. I just read an ongoing post under the Georgetown motor homes forum section. I may be experiencing some sheared side wall screws.

Moderator- can you move this post to that thread?
bbrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:21 AM   #3

BBrinks;

You said you have a Georgetown, I have a Mirada (2001)

I read the post your referring to about the wall breaking away from the frame structure and also wanted people who have a Mirada to know this could also effect them.

I had the same thing happen with my Coachmen Mirada. The front left wall had detached from the frame and the entire front left, including the windshield, could be seen moving up and down an inch or two whenever I hit a bump in the road.

VERY SCARY.

Fortunately for me, the fix for the Mirada was a lot less complex than what was required for the Georgetown. I was able to do an emergency repair while on the road, and it has held good so far (1500 miles)

The Georgetown is different, here is the sticky your referring to:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ure-77309.html

The Mirada attachment method is different than the Georgetown. Here is a link to how I repaired the Mirada.

Emergency Exterior Wall Repair | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB