Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #1

Georgetown Motorhome Fiberglass Roof

I bought 2010 Georgetown XL 350TS new. In 2014 the soft vinyl ceiling was drooping. Contacted Forest River and it was agreed if I brought motorhome there they would replace Roof. I delivered motorhome to the factory in early fall 2014. Roof was replaced and motorhome was delivered to me in December 2014. Everything seemed fine. A few week ago we were camping and noticed the ceiling was dripping. After drying the area, it seemed ok. This weekend after a rain I noticed the ceiling leaking. I closed the dining area slide and checked the outside area over the slide. I have found fiberglass cracked along the black area of the roof on both side of my motorhome. Also the sealant along the black area of the roof is also cracked. Wow! Never thought this wood happen. Evidently the roof that was installed is faulty. I do have pictures. I've contacted Forest River. Waiting for a reply. Anybody have this issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1202.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	299.8 KB
ID:	105936   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	327.7 KB
ID:	105937   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1201.jpg
Views:	141