Old 10-12-2018, 11:13 AM   #1

Glue for roof separation

2016 Coachman Freelander. My roof is separating/bubbling between 2 and 6 inches all the way around the top edge of my RV. I have seen several post using eternabond and decor for sealants, but what glue should be used to reglue the rubber back to the RV? I have sent several emails to FR but have not received any answers. The service department at the dealership that I bought my RV from which is about 2 1/2 hours away from my house is pretty much useless.

Vicm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicm View Post
2016 Coachman Freelander. My roof is separating/bubbling between 2 and 6 inches all the way around the top edge of my RV. I have seen several post using eternabond and decor for sealants, but what glue should be used to reglue the rubber back to the RV? I have sent several emails to FR but have not received any answers. The service department at the dealership that I bought my RV from which is about 2 1/2 hours away from my house is pretty much useless.
I have a large bubble under the front of my roof and know that it is going to cost me a lot of time and money to repair. I had a quote from a free lance RV repair person of about $350. to start. After figuring it was going to end up costing me a lot more then that because of damage under my rubber roof I did a temporary repair by shooting glue under the bubble and placing cement blocks on top to hold it down while the glue dried.
There are some on here saying that small bubbles won't hurt anything, but larger bubbles, like I had can cause problems.
I used eternabond to seal everything on the roof but the water damage I have happened before we bought the RV. I used décor over screw heads and any indentations then used the eternabond.
I bought a gallon of RV Rubber Roof Adhesive Duraself through ebay. It is best to find out which kind of rubber roof you have and make sure the glue is compatible to your type of roof. The glue I used can be used for EDPM and TPO roofs.
In the search box at the top right of the forum you can type in bubbles in rubber roof and this will give you a lot of different replies about bubbles in the rubber roof. You can also do a search on Google {RV rubber roof repairs for bubbles in roof}. This will explain most of your questions and also give you ideas on how to repair.
I'll be doing my repairs in the spring. Good luck to you in your repairs done.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo, roof