Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 PM   #11

Has anyone tried this Dicor liquid rubber paint?

We camped an hour away and my daughter had to perform at a graduation on Sunday so they brought along my wives car. They left about 30 minutes before me and we're gonna stop at the oasis for lunch. I called them and told them that I was a mile away and I would pass on lunch since I just wanted to get home . They walked over to the window and snapped a shot of me , lol. Nice too meet another vanner as well. What van and how much are you pulling ? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-31-2016, 02:11 PM   #12

Zooming in I see you waving! Lol. I have a 2013 Savana 2500 she's rated to tow 10k lbs and we pull a 2015 Rockwood 8327ss that's about 9k dry (don't show the weight police on here) we pack light and the 6.0 pulls it very well!

2013 GMC Savana 2500 FBI Edition
2015 Rockwood 8327SS stuffed with 5 kids!

SE Michigan
Nights camped 2014: 48
BiigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 02:25 PM   #13

Nice!! Yeah I was on the phone with my wife as I drove under so it was pretty cool. I have a v8 5.7 L and it's rated to pull 6600 lbs and since I use a WD it is then rated to like 7300 according to the manual. I was hauling about 5k which is an estimate and no problems at all. I did have one strange occurrence , after I got off of the highway I pulled into a gas station to calculate gas consumption and when I started her up again, It died on me 4 times once it idled. I let is rest for a few minutes , started it up again and no more issues . That's the 1st time that ever happened to me . I used approximately 9.5 mpg , averaging 60 mph with the Ac on. It's normally 11.5 mpg so some droppage

Old 06-02-2016, 10:30 PM   #14

I just used Dicor CoolCoat on my KZ Frontier 2405. It's supposed to reduce the heat transfer by 30%. Haven't really had a chance to really test it out but, yesterday was 100 degrees out and only about 80 or so in the trailer. The trailer was sitting in the full sun from about noon on. It took two gallons to cover the roof and rear slide with two coats.
It covered well and was easy to apply.

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...psjj43rfut.jpg
Old 06-03-2016, 07:39 AM   #15

I just ordered 6 gallons of the EPDM RV Roof coating and plan on coating mine next weekend. I've been planning on doing this since I got the RV three years ago. I've read a lot of different articles and watched videos o how to do it, . The one coat system from EPDM Coatings seems like a good way to go.

I'll get the roof ready this weekend, replace the A/C seal, remove the old original satellite dish and patch the hole, remove the Maxx vent covers, and clean and inspect the roof.

I believe the roof is original, its in good shape with no leaks, but it is chalking and probably overdue for maintenance.

This is the stuff I ordered:

Liquid Roof, Solution For RV Roof Leaks Repair - EPDM Coatings

Old 06-03-2016, 08:07 AM   #16

That's what I have my eyes on as well. That is more of a repair if needed while protecting. I called Dicor about there product and they said make all repairs prior to application so basically the Dicor products make an old roof look new and repels the heat from the sun while the stuff your talking about does that plus repairs. Looks like the best choice for me too.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:33 AM   #17

MrPEP, is your current roof a membrane?

I priced out a new membrane, about $1500, and a lot more work. The re-coat is just under $500 for 6 gallons (a one 5 gallon and one 1 gallon)
Old 06-03-2016, 08:35 AM   #18

It is a rubber roof so I think it is a membrane . It's like a thin rubber blanket

Old 06-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #19

Sounds like a membrane. The EPDP Coatings people have two products.

Liquid Rubber and Liquid RV Roof.

I ordered the Liquid RV Roof. There are a ton of videos out there that give an idea of prep and application.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:37 PM   #20

I used the liquid roof from EPDM Coatings. Had great results. I used 4 gallons. Might I make a suggestion. If you use 4 or 6 gallons mask off your roof in that many sections and use a full gallon on each one. I didn't and I felt I put it on thinner in the front than toward the rear. I wanted to use it all and about halfway back realized I needed to put it on thicker to use it all.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums