Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #41

I use the suspenders on our sheets, it helps to keep them in place.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #42

Back to the window leak: Form the photos you provided it appears that the window is set into the window opening with only a rubber gasket much like used to be used in auto windshields. #2 in my photo. A piece of rubber split so that the window opening sits into a slit of the gasket, the windshield sits into another slit on the inside of the gasket and then a piece of "spline" is set into a channel of the gasket tightening it against both the window opening and the window itself. I can't see the inside of the window area and that might be where the spline is, or is supposed to be. I'm betting that it's missing. The outside appears to have had some type of sealant applied. At #2 on the photo, between the gasket and the body of the camper, this should not be necessary IF the gasket is properly installed with spline. A window with that type of gasket should move slightly as the camper moves along the road. Again an IF, any sealant material is needed I would recommend a sealant used years back made just for auto glass. It's black, messy, sticky, and sometimes referred to as "sheep snot". Auto glass dealers/installers and auto body shops used this when installing an older windshield and sometimes back windows to keep it water resistant. It never hardens, stays pliable for ever it seems. At #1 in my photo it appears that there is a hinge that attaches to the camper shell. How does this hinge attach to the campers shell and is there any possibility of water intrusion at the point the hinge attaches to the shell? As much as you don't want to hear this: I'm thinking that it is time to remove the complete window assembly, clean all parts and edges, then re-install one step at the time, as I'm sure you have done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	window 1.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	180063  

Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 05:01 PM   #43

When you take your window out to make these repairs cut some spacers to go under the window before you reinstall it to keep it from vibrating down, when your traveling, but will probably take two people to put it in with the spacers and butyl tape , because you know you're only going to get one chance with the butyl tape, and put two layers of butyl, one is not enough.
cardwellmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:19 AM   #44

Thanks guys.

Is not a rubber gasket and there aren't any behind it.

The frame is metal and the hinge has rivets that secure it to the frame.

I think you're on the right track with two.layers of Dicor (I only did one) and shims. I didn't do that last time.. I just put a new bed (one layer thick), waited 24 hours for the squeeze out and sealed it up.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #45

My issue is one window. 2 years, no leaks. This year found water on the inside track. So I look outside, and see a rubber seal that looks deformed. Covered that with duct tape. No water. Take the duct tape off, seal the window frame itself, next time it rains there is water on the track again. I take off the gasket seal, find dirt behind it, when I had previously cleaned it. The weep holes are clean. So it must be the rubber gasket that goes in the outside frame, against the glass. I contacted the dealer, and they are going to see if they can get a replacement seal. Odd though. Only two windows have this seal. All the others are solid metal frame units, which is the way it should be. It's like they ran out of those windows, so just put another models window in. Very odd.
Mdaniels4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, window