Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #1

Help with spongy floor

I have a 2000 Flagstaff 25' pull behind. The floor in the front entrance way became spongy. I pulled up the flooring and found that it was wet and rotted. The styrofoam had broken up in the entrance way. I have checked the roof for holes and can't find any. I purchased a tube of Dicor and sealed any place I could find that water might be coming in. I tightened the hold down bolts for the a/c. It's still leaking!!! I've checked and caulked around the windows. Anyone have a suggestion??

Old 04-18-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I don't have an answer for you, but I did move your post to its own thread so it would not get lost.

Good luck!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
Haulin' Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnpapa201 View Post
I have a 2000 Flagstaff 25' pull behind. The floor in the front entrance way became spongy. I pulled up the flooring and found that it was wet and rotted. The styrofoam had broken up in the entrance way. I have checked the roof for holes and can't find any. I purchased a tube of Dicor and sealed any place I could find that water might be coming in. I tightened the hold down bolts for the a/c. It's still leaking!!! I've checked and caulked around the windows. Anyone have a suggestion??
We had a soft floor problem in a previous camper. We finally figured out that there were some small holes in the underside of the trailer that allowed moisture to get in. When we traveled in the rain, water would splash onto the undercarriage and penetrate the holes. DH repaired the floor and used some sort of automotive undercarriage spray that he bought from Home Depot.
2 Dogs

KewlKamperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
Professional Texan

Quote:
In my last trailer I spent a lot of time looking for a leak, ran a water hose on the roof as I looked, re caulked everything that whether it looked bad or not. Finally I found two leaks, 1) around a tail light and 2) around a side marker light.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #5

Thanks for both of your replies. I forgot to mention that the water seems to be coming down the inside the wall where you can't see it and coming out under the sofa, fridge, stove etc. I'll keep spraying water and looking. This happens when the camper is stationary.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Professional Texan

Quote:
Thanks for both of your replies. I forgot to mention that the water seems to be coming down the inside the wall where you can't see it and coming out under the sofa, fridge, stove etc. I'll keep spraying water and looking. This happens when the camper is stationary.
Often there is no correlation between the where the water is getting in and where it is showing up.

I once had water in a back storage area, the water was entering from a roof seam in the front of a 28 foot trailer, so spray water everywhere.

TexasBob is offline   Reply With Quote