Old 07-20-2016, 07:25 PM   #11
Site Team
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
At least it is small enough to cover. Maybe a 12v scare light.
Thats what I was thinking

Next year is here - GO CUBS- 6 more WINS to go
2014 LaCrosse 323RST-TE-C
2009 CHEVY 2500HD Silverado Z71
2016- 86 nights of camping
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:12 AM   #12
WOW - That was really nice of someone to drill the hole for your new outside light....

My vote would be a rock that was kicked up. Lucky it didn't hit one of the windows.

2001 Coachmen Mirada (Ford F53 6.8L V10) - Toad 2001 Civic
It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:23 AM   #13
That looks like a puncture from a pipe or something similar. I agree totally with fella10 on this conclusion.
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1988 Harley Softail Custom "The Fireman"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:47 AM   #14
Head Rambler
I don't think it was something thrown up and hit it. I agree that it looks like either something was forced into it at an angle toward the rear, or the unit was backed into something at an angle.

That's pretty high for a receptacle, but may be about right for a surface mounted light. And since it's as close to the fridge as it is, you have both 12 & 120 volts pretty close.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 07:50 AM   #15
RV Eagle,it is Hard to Patch without "Evidence"! My thought is repair and acquire the "Top Decal with the Mountain" from F/R and move it up to "Cover" the Blem Area! Youroo!! I am sorry I see where you don't care about Fixing it just how it "Happened" Any Input would be a WAG from most !
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #16
Thanks everyone for your comments/opinions. I honestly don't know how/when it happened.
Some more info: The hole wasn't there before we left home - I have pictures of the trailer in the driveway. Once I got behind the wheel at the house, we went straight to the campground - no stops/parking - I did not get out of the truck the whole trip. I did back up once, in an open lot to turn around. I'm trying to figure out the answer to Steve Urkel's question: Did I do that? I'm wondering if anyone else has found a hole in their trailer like that, and they know how it got there. We arrived at the campground Friday afternoon and set up. We didn't notice it until Monday afternoon. During the weekend the site next to us had a couple of young boys - they were gone by the time we noticed it. We spent most of the weekend away from the trailer at a family event.

My forensic evaluation has the impact coming from the front, going up - since the tear appears to start at the lower left and the energy was dissipated enough to deflect away towards the back and up. But then again, what do I know - I've got a trailer that I drove 96 miles and I put a hole in it!!

I love all the ideas about turning the lemon into lemonade, or finding the silver lining. I think I will try to cover the hole with a light, or patch/decal - maybe a Gamecock sticker (lol).

Thanks again for the comments - anyone seen this type of hole before?

Dick & Donna
2014 Ram 2500 4x4
2016 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLIKS
RVEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:06 AM   #17
Head Rambler
Young boys, unoccupied RV... Could have been anything. Maybe a deranged woodpecker!
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:32 PM   #18
Unhappy Tree limb

It looks to me like a tree limb got it. I try to make it a practice to stop and look into the site before I back into it. With it being a dead limb there would not be any leaves on it and would be impossible to see in your mirrors. It would have been a limb that the slide out struck and broke it off when extending the slides. I quit arriving after dark when I got slides because there are too many dangers lurking about in the dark
Bob Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:19 PM   #19
Dang, that sucks! On a NEW rig also!
Until you figure out what you are going to do with the hole get some Gorilla tape and cover it. I damaged my TT a couple of years ago when I ran across a road gator tearing up some lower fascia. I patched it with Duct Tape, it was dangling and almost completely off within 50 miles. Later I cleaned the area of the Duct Tape goo, and put Gorilla tape on it. It was still there in perfect condition 8 months later when the area was repaired. I keep a full roll in the TT at all times.
D_B Travelers - 30 nights in 2016... so far. 54 nights in 2015. 2014 Rockwood Windjammer 3001W Diamond Pkg, 2015 GMC 3500HD CC DRW Duramax, Equalizer 14K hitch, TST 507rv TPMS.
"Happiness? A good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
George Burns (1896 1996)
D_B Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #20
Georgia Frog Rally 2017
I'd be more inclined to think some one at the campground was throwing rocks. The way the hole's shaped and sharp edges indicates an object like a rock hitting the camper. Later RJD

2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2015--46
Days booked for 2016--60
Days camped in 2016 so far 51
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote