Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 03:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJammer View Post
We have had it for three weeks and two days. Don't know that we can unwind the deal, although I'm not against trying. I'm just heartbroken. And a little peeved.
Unless you got a 90 day warranty from CW. I would start there myself, Sorry to hear about your problem...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #22

Looks like the water is coming in from the corner seam.
If you are handy.... You will need to pull the vinyl screw cover off the corner, remove the screws above the delamination one at a time . You will probably find a rusty screw that was not sealed.
Keep us posted.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #23

After a few emails to various people on their website and finally a phone call, Forest River assured me that they would stand behind their product and make it right. They took my pictures to the warranty committee (or something like that), and although I technically have no warranty since I am the second owner, they decided that they will replace the entire side wall at no charge. The only catch is that I have to get it to the factory. Which is 12 hours away. And stay there for 4 days while they work on it. And then drive 12 hours back. So it will end up costing us about $2000 to make the trip, but hopefully then our trailer will be good as new. Very happy that Forest River is standing behind their product. Everyone there has been great to work with.
NewJammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #24

Quote:
After a few emails to various people on their website and finally a phone call, Forest River assured me that they would stand behind their product and make it right. They took my pictures to the warranty committee (or something like that), and although I technically have no warranty since I am the second owner, they decided that they will replace the entire side wall at no charge. The only catch is that I have to get it to the factory. Which is 12 hours away. And stay there for 4 days while they work on it. And then drive 12 hours back. So it will end up costing us about $2000 to make the trip, but hopefully then our trailer will be good as new. Very happy that Forest River is standing behind their product. Everyone there has been great to work with.
WOW! That's great news! Go Forest River! They don't have to do all that, they could have just walked away!Nice to know they have a heart! I hope you get all squared away!
Old 07-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #25

Fantastic! I had a strong feeling that they would make the right decision. Kudos to them and congrats to you.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:44 AM   #26
MCTroy

I know how you feel. We has a small bubble on our WJ. It was by the water heater. We had the warranty but it still made us nervous to have our new trailer cut into and patched. We worried for nothing. The repair was done by our local dealer and is perfect. No one, and I mean NO one can tell where the repair was done. I hope you get the same results. Make the trip for the repair an adventure. Then relax and enjoy the Jammer. Ours really is the best TT we have owned. Good luck.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 06:11 AM   #27

It's stories like this that make me feel really good about owning a Forest River product.

As "Mainframe" said, FR have a heart. And big companies don't usually do that.
Old 07-18-2016, 02:26 PM   #28

That's why I'm buying a Forest River Camper. I've heard good stories about this company. Let's hope they continue in the future.
Inspectorslg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 03:29 PM   #29

Quote:
Not sure where you live, but you can call FR logistics and they could pick the unit up and dev. it back to you, when they replaced my roof they quoted me 1950.00 for them to do that, I live in Virginia, It did take 4 days for my repair and we took it to the factory but made a little vacation out of it. Got to see our great friends that we don't see enough of and then picked the unit up on the 4th day. Got a motel by the plant at 78.00 per night. but only needed two nights there being I also stayed with Youroo for 3 days. So sometimes it might be better to pay them to pick it up and delv. it back to you. They can arrange all of that for you. Good luck and good news...

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 10:09 AM   #30

Quote:
WOW!!!

We are currently looking at various TT's and I'm glad to hear that FR would stand behind their product like that.

I would have hoped it wouldn't have happened in the first place, but the fact they would work with you means almost more considering things are gonna happen to all TT brands.
jonesark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delamination