Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #1

leak

Washed my 2300 Forest River SunSeeker/2010 this weekend. A few things:

Saw condensation on the bathroom skylight...this was on the inside of the outer shell. Is this something I should be worried about?

The second was the concern. Noticed a small water stain at the bottom of the shower. I took a top panel off the upper shower and noticed that the interior wall was wet (looks like it may have been leaking for some time). Figure that this is not normal. Where could the leak be coming from? Would rather try and fix DIY...thanks
stachowski8482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #2

At 5 years of age, it is a good time for a thorough roof inspection.
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:41 PM   #3

I checked the roof and saw no glaring items....roof caulking looked good....
Old 04-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Is it possible the condensation you found could be leaking down the wall you discovered being wet?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:10 PM   #5

Leaks dont always glare back at you. Get down close to that skylight and look for minor cracks. Splits perpendicular to the edge from over tightened screws, Cracks along edge of caulk on plastic from the wrong sealant, are things to check for.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:11 PM   #6

That is what I first thought. Figured that the water made its way down the wall...just cannot determine how the water made it in. Checked the cover and saw no cracks and caulking looks good around the cover.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:36 PM   #7

Having given this more thought, its possible that a leak anywhere in the roof would put moisture in the "attic" and cause condensation at the skylight. The skylight would be the logical point for moisture to collect. This in turn could drip to the shower pan.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:09 PM   #8

Took it in today....technician stated there was a leak at one point in time at the sky light (I recaulked with Dicor and he could not see where any water would be getting in). He stated that the condensation was caused by the moisture damage...he recommended that I dehumidify for a few days to soak out what ever water is left in the wall...hopefully that will solve my issue...thanks for all the responses.....

Tags
leak