Old 04-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Leak in the bathroom near skylight

I have an '07 Flagstaff 831BHSS. I have slight water damage in the bathroom above the shower where the wall meets the ceiling. It is close to the rear corner of the TT. I have checked the roof, skylight, and corner and found nothing visibly wrong with the sealant. However, I have noticed a lot of condensation on the inside of the outer skylight. Could the minor damage be coming from the condensation? Is the condensation coming from a damaged skylight? Help me please!

Kstalvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
It could be. My skylight is actually 2 pieces. A translucent piece inside while there is a transparent piece outside. I know this because I took it apart to clean the debris and caulk strings left behind from FR during construction. What I found when I took it apart was that there were raw edges with openings around the framed opening. I found a couple flys and a bunch of dust as well. When they got in there? I cleaned out everything, stuffed the holes with insulation and then took a couple layers of aluminum tape and sealed around the opening and folded it around the edge by about 3/4" but is covered by the inside flange. Any condensation, when It occurs, would not run into the open framing and instead will drip out from the flange of the skylight inside the shower. If it rolls into the framing it will wick into anything capable of absorbing it, such as the wood or ceiling fabric.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote