Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2015, 04:28 AM   #1

Let me get your thoughts

What do you think?
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 04:45 AM   #2

WOW!!!

Makes me want to check out my ROO. At least sealing that edge does not seem like a hard task.

mandl
mandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:23 AM   #3
Ambassador

I would seal the crap out of that before it delaminates, don't forget to get around the screws that hold wheel well covers as well. Must have been either the first rig on the line after a holiday or the last rig on the line before the holiday!

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
I would seal the crap out of that before it delaminates, don't forget to get around the screws that hold wheel well covers as well. Must have been either the first rig on the line after a holiday or the last rig on the line before the holiday!
I'm not sealing the crap out of anything as I do not own the unit yet. I ordered it in October, it was built on 12-2 per the yellow sticker which was a Wednesday if that means anything, and delivered to the dealer last Friday, so it may have been the first one off the line after Thanksgiving. The dealer let me do a preliminary inspection before dealer prep, but I am fairly sure this is not a typical dealer prep sort of item?

You should take a good look at your Minilite, because 5 other Rockwood trailers on a dealers lot I looked at last night are the exact same way, and 2 of them were Minilites. Also two other people I know who own Roo 23SS hybrids told me theirs are the same way, one is a 2015 and the other a 2012.

We were supposed to do the turnover / PDI tomorrow, but its canceled at my request. I am waiting for the dealers Service department to get back to me with what Rockwood says about this issue, and some other items I found during this "preliminary" inspection.

I don't think slapping some sealant over this is the solution but I fully expect a response like, this is "normal" or "we seal that edge with a clear sealer".

To be honest I want the trailer. I have already sold the 2013 trailer I had which may have been a mistake. (it wasn't like this and had sheet metal wheel wells) I am now second guessing myself. Should I proceed with the purchase? A lot will depend on the response from dealer and Rockwood as to how this ends up.

There are other issues, most minor and the typical cosmetic ones. To be fair what I have looked at so far, which again was preliminary and prior to any dealer prep without power and water, was fairly good. The fiberglass and other body parts. underneath, bunks and tents/screens, upholstery, awning etc. To be clear I have yet to do any real inspection of most main systems and appliances, so I don't know what's in store there.

What this wheel well thing has done is pushed me to the point there will be no signing of papers then returning to have something corrected under warranty, or leaving it at the dealer after signing. Its going to be corrected to my satisfaction, and every other issue I find and want corrected will be addressed also, before I sign anything.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:42 PM   #5
Ambassador

You asked and I answered... sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Havercamp View Post
I'm not sealing the crap out of anything as I do not own the unit yet. I ordered it in October, it was built on 12-2 per the yellow sticker which was a Wednesday if that means anything, and delivered to the dealer last Friday, so it may have been the first one off the line after Thanksgiving. The dealer let me do a preliminary inspection before dealer prep, but I am fairly sure this is not a typical dealer prep sort of item?

You should take a good look at your Minilite, because 5 other Rockwood trailers on a dealers lot I looked at last night are the exact same way, and 2 of them were Minilites. Also two other people I know who own Roo 23SS hybrids told me theirs are the same way, one is a 2015 and the other a 2012.

We were supposed to do the turnover / PDI tomorrow, but its canceled at my request. I am waiting for the dealers Service department to get back to me with what Rockwood says about this issue, and some other items I found during this "preliminary" inspection.

I don't think slapping some sealant over this is the solution but I fully expect a response like, this is "normal" or "we seal that edge with a clear sealer".

To be honest I want the trailer. I have already sold the 2013 trailer I had which may have been a mistake. (it wasn't like this and had sheet metal wheel wells) I am now second guessing myself. Should I proceed with the purchase? A lot will depend on the response from dealer and Rockwood as to how this ends up.

There are other issues, most minor and the typical cosmetic ones. To be fair what I have looked at so far, which again was preliminary and prior to any dealer prep without power and water, was fairly good. The fiberglass and other body parts. underneath, bunks and tents/screens, upholstery, awning etc. To be clear I have yet to do any real inspection of most main systems and appliances, so I don't know what's in store there.

What this wheel well thing has done is pushed me to the point there will be no signing of papers then returning to have something corrected under warranty, or leaving it at the dealer after signing. Its going to be corrected to my satisfaction, and every other issue I find and want corrected will be addressed also, before I sign anything.
Well you asked what my thoughts were, and I told you....based on no information. I had no idea what caused that raw edge. My first thought was what has this idiot done to his trailer, now he's asking if it's OK? I honestly didn't even look at your signature because honestly I didn't want to remember your name. I have a 2015 as you can see, and as you did I went over it with a fine tooth comb before it even rolled off the lot. Luckily I had no issues. Mine has a flange with heavy black sealant. I think I would have to walk away from a trailer looking like that on the lot, let some other poor schmuck deal with it...good luck with what ever you decide.

Ken K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken K. View Post
Well you asked what my thoughts were, and I told you....based on no information. I had no idea what caused that raw edge. My first thought was what has this idiot done to his trailer, now he's asking if it's OK? I honestly didn't even look at your signature because honestly I didn't want to remember your name. I have a 2015 as you can see, and as you did I went over it with a fine tooth comb before it even rolled off the lot. Luckily I had no issues. Mine has a flange with heavy black sealant. I think I would have to walk away from a trailer looking like that on the lot, let some other poor schmuck deal with it...good luck with what ever you decide.
Sorry Ken, I didn't mean to offend in my response to your post.

I think I'm staying with it unless the resolution of the wheel well or slide becomes a total snafu. If I make them reorder who knows what the next one will have as issues? Other than those two items, the others are relatively minor and cosmetic. The overall build is solid. The night before I went and made the preliminary inspection it rained cats and dogs, and I found no water anywhere including the bunk doors. The fiberglass laminate job is flawless.