Old 07-31-2016, 04:21 PM   #11

There are places that can fix and/or replace (yours looks like a replacement not a fix) but if under warranty, only FR can repair or approve a repair.

And a lot of those repair places are in FL. Had a cousin who had his repaired a 5 years ago (maybe 4 or 6) because his reasoning was it was not under warranty and the factory did such a terrible job, let someone else do it. Was very satisfied, and had no problems till he passed away.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #12

Whoa is right. Guess I'm gonna get on a ladder and check the roof!

Old 08-01-2016, 12:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5moab View Post
There are places that can fix and/or replace (yours looks like a replacement not a fix) but if under warranty, only FR can repair or approve a repair.

And a lot of those repair places are in FL. Had a cousin who had his repaired a 5 years ago (maybe 4 or 6) because his reasoning was it was not under warranty and the factory did such a terrible job, let someone else do it. Was very satisfied, and had no problems till he passed away.
Only the factory can replace that roof. There are 4 layers that have to be compressed together.
1) roof membrane
2) plywood 3/8"
3) styrofoam 4" that the duct works gets cut into
4) the interior ceiling.
these are all glued and compressed into one piece. Maybe others can repair them, but that is a FR system. I watch them do it, took 4 days, the front and rear caps have got to come off also, all new vents and antenna. the A/C was removed but new seals were installed. A dealer can not make or repair a roof like it is made. They might be able to reglue a area but that's it. Only thing standing there is the two side walls that bolt the new roof on to and then install the ends and put new gutter on....IMO I wouldn't let a dealer touch it...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #14

I had the same problem with a 2015 8289, turns out the front cap was not braced correctly which caused it to warp and permit air to get under the membrane. FR knows of the issue and covered under warrantee.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:29 PM   #15

I've contacted Forest River, and sent them photos. Still waiting on their final feedback, but it seems that they may be trying to get out of handling it, attempting to blame the install of my bedroom vent-fan, which of course is complete garbage because it was installed properly with butyl tape underneath, and eternabond on top, and was done back in November. There have been no issues until part way through our road-trip (when I suspect the variation in temperature and humidity caused the problem to expose itself).
Old 08-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #16

FR have since assured me that it's not their intent to blame the fan install.
Still waiting for approval of the repair, and their decision as to whether it needs to be sent back to them
Old 08-04-2016, 01:55 PM   #17

So, FR have suggested that B&E (in Ocala) may be able to fix the issue, based on the photos (they can replace the roof membrane), and that it'll be properly covered by warranty.
If they discover that there is further roof damage (e.g.: water damage) then they may still need to send the camper up to FR in Goshen, but will get B&E to investigate first.
They're going to discuss with B&E and will then get back to me to schedule the repair (and I'll then have to drive it the 2 hours to Ocala)
Old 08-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefl View Post
So, FR have suggested that B&E (in Ocala) may be able to fix the issue, based on the photos (they can replace the roof membrane), and that it'll be properly covered by warranty.
If they discover that there is further roof damage (e.g.: water damage) then they may still need to send the camper up to FR in Goshen, but will get B&E to investigate first.
They're going to discuss with B&E and will then get back to me to schedule the repair (and I'll then have to drive it the 2 hours to Ocala)
Good to hear things are moving forward.

2015 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8281WS
2015 F250 Crew Cab
Old 08-07-2016, 01:21 AM   #19

I had mine fixed at giant recreation world in winter garden. They did a great job. That has been where all of my warranty work has been done.

2000 F250 CC 4x4 7.3L diesel

15 Salem Hemisphere Lite356QB

Tags
leak, lift, roo, roof