Old 06-20-2016, 09:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by timerie View Post
I had this problem on a Rockwood. Turns out the cap warped from insufficient bracing (known problem), letting air get under the vinyl roof like a balloon. Hope it's under warranty
I have my brand spanking new Cherokee in because of this very issue. One trip, 2 weeks of ownership. Got home from the trip and noticed a "bulge" in the front of my roof. Climbed up and saw what looked like someone grabbed the roof membrane and tried to pull it back. It formed gaps all over the joint to my front cap. What did they do to fix it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

2017 Cherokee 294BH
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8 Crew Cab
Moparman1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:37 PM   #12

OK, so I called the dealer and he called me back. Told me to just get some Alpha Self Leveling caulk as it just sounds like I have a void. Said if I swing by he'll give me a tube, but since they are an hour away,

The roof seems tight and when I was buffing the top of the cap with Aerospace 303 everything was tight.

I think a little caulk should do it.

Old 06-20-2016, 10:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
OK, so I called the dealer and he called me back. Told me to just get some Alpha Self Leveling caulk as it just sounds like I have a void. Said if I swing by he'll give me a tube, but since they are an hour away,

The roof seems tight and when I was buffing the top of the cap with Aerospace 303 everything was tight.

I think a little caulk should do it.
That dealer is brushing you off, a unit under warranty and they say they will give you a free tube off caulk? Take it to the dealer and have a paper trail for when it leaks and ruins your trailer. The front cap obviously has issues and the only fix would be eternabond tape which I would demand the dealer do. Save your paper trail.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:17 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
That dealer is brushing you off, a unit under warranty and they say they will give you a free tube off caulk? Take it to the dealer and have a paper trail for when it leaks and ruins your trailer. The front cap obviously has issues and the only fix would be eternabond tape which I would demand the dealer do. Save your paper trail.
I totally agree. Get that problem reported, looked at and documented. While the time on the road may seem like a PITA it's a small price to pay compared to the time and headaches you'll face if this turns into a bigger issue.

visit our website at www.restcure.ca
Restcure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #15
Pickin' & Campin'

I agree with the paper trail on this one.

Minor things like a burned out bulb or a loose trim screw are one thing but this could lead to problems down the road.

Oh... and no matter who repairs... be sure to thoroughly clean the 303 Protectant from that area before sealing.

TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote